GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world’s most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. For more information, visit www.gf.com.
Summary of Role:
Global Foundries Fab 9 is seeking a highly skilled and motivated technician in the Post Fab Wafer Finish area to become part of our team in the 200mm factory in Essex, Vermont. This Tool Owner position will be required to ensure process equipment stability through documenting preventive maintenance activities and resolving equipment & process issues. GlobalFoundries is a 24/7 manufacturing facility providing technician support across all shifts.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Coordinate with the engineering team to review daily goals and focus/priorities to better support manufacturing needs.
- Learn and become a system expert in Post Fab9 200mm and 300mm Wafer Finishing
- Carry out structured problem solving tasks
- Work with team to develop action plans for long term downs
- Improvement of maintenance methods
- Be the focal point of knowledge in standard maintenance work
- Maintain and improve standard maintenance documentation
- Work closely with the equipment and process engineers for planning, documentation and execution of troubleshooting long term down tools
- Set standards for the maintenance teams’ work environment, 5S, technical training and coach technical peer trainers
- Review Statistical Process Control charts for process quality and react to Out of Control conditions, including defect troubleshooting
- Recover from process and tool interruptions
- Participate in technician training as appropriate
- Actively participate and support engineering team activities for continuous improvement projects and cost reduction projects to improve productivity and cost effectiveness.
- Understand and follow all health, safety and environmental procedures and requirements
- Support Post Fab9’s efforts in building a world class organization, achieving manufacturing excellence, establishing a team based collaborative culture and be the benchmark for others to follow.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- Education – minimum 2-year Technical/Associate degree in Science, Math, Engineering, Semiconductor Manufacturing or other equivalent discipline, or equivalent military training or work experience
- Experience – minimum 3-year equipment or process maintenance experience
- Fluency in English Language – written and verbal
- Able to lift a minimum 30 pounds on a periodic basis throughout the shift during preventive maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Experience: 5+ years as a top level maintenance technician or equipment/process engineer on furnaces equipment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong team mindset, able to work with a global team, train new members and other duties as assigned
- Able to work independently, multi tasks and prioritize activities when needed
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit globalfoundries.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.