Altair is looking for candidates with a passion for HPC Cloud Solutions and customer success to join our Enterprise Computing support team. We are a group of knowledgeable and motivated individuals who design, develop, troubleshoot, and deliver solutions for our High Performance Computing (HPC) software. Sometimes we travel to handle customer issues or deployments, but most often we work remotely with our customers from the comfort of our local or home offices located in various parts of the US
What You Will Do:
The most important thing to our team is helping our customers succeed! Our software runs on many of the top supercomputers around the world, so we have high expectations of ourselves in order to maintain a great rapport with all of our customers.
We’re also a technically diverse team, with many that have particular specialties, so documenting, collaborating, mentoring and cross-training with each other is a big part of what keeps us in top shape.
A typical day for you will be to demonstrate, discuss, and deploy our cloud-focused products to customers and prospects. This can include architecture discussions, consultations, and building automations to fit customer workflows.
Support Engineers might seek your expertise to answer a challenging support issue, and you could pick up support tickets from time to time. You’ll also provide input to the product teams in order to better the products for our customers, as well as join us and your customers at various industry trade shows.
Last but not least, you will have the opportunity to put your creative talents to work with new ideas that could revolutionize the way you, your colleagues or our customers work!
What You Will Need:
- Five years experience administering Unix and/or Linux operating systems
- Demonstrated understanding of cloud technologies, including building instances, images, security policies, networking policies, etc. at one or more providers such as Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform or Microsoft Azure
- Demonstrated understanding of automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Terraform, and cloud vendor-specific tools
- Demonstrated knowledge in Linux Shell scripting and Python
- Basic knowledge of networking and filesystems
- Basic knowledge of relational and non-relational databases
- Ability and desire for learning new technologies and tools
- Strong customer-facing skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Discipline – The discipline to actively manage requests and overhead tasks, without getting distracted by email, chat or other ad-hoc communication
- A Teacher – Able to teach end users about IT technologies or solutions to their issues in an easy to understand way
- Self-Starter – The ability to actively look for effective tasks to complete during quieter periods
- Availability for occasional travel
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a computer-related field
- Experience working with High Performance Computing Workload Managers (PBS Pro, Grid Engine, LSF, Slurm, etc.)
- Experience working with large Linux environments, HPC environments a plus
How You Will Be Successful:
- Envision the Future
- Communicate Honestly and Broadly
- Seek Technology and Business “Firsts”
- Embrace Diversity and Take Risks
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- Outstanding Work/Life Balance
- Flex Time
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- Unlimited vacation and Unlimited sick days
- Paid holidays
- Paid Time Off for Community Service
- Collaborative environment
- Charitable Matching Program
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit phh.tbe.taleo.net.