Cadence Design Systems is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to be a key business partner and advisor to the North American sales organization in contract structuring to maximize the value to Cadence across the organization’s entire portfolio of offerings. The position advises sales teams on best practices, collaborating throughout the sales process to enable optimal outcome and who can develop close relationships with quote to cash groups including Sales, Revenue Accounting, OM and Legal.
This person will join a cohesive team whose environment thrives on collaboration across geographies and departments within the broader Quote-to-Cash team of this publicly traded software company with $2.5B+ in annual revenue.
Role: Senior Financial Analyst
Location: Burlington, MA & Remote for the right person
- Bookings/Revenue/Bad Debt/Variable Consideration forecasting and reporting
- Strong Excel, MS Office, reporting and presentation proficient
- Ownership of contract flow from negotiation stage through to processing by order management
- Ability to engage with all levels of the organization
- Attention to Details and High business acumen is a must to be successful in the position
- Finance partner to WFO; working with the North American sales team to structure and execute business with our customers while achieving the Company’s financial targets, with a strong focus on deal quality and compliance with the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Close relationships with quote to cash groups including Sales, Revenue Accounting, OM and Legal. Become an expert on our CPQ tool, reviewing and enforcing revenue recognition compliance for all quoting deal types. Work with cross-functional stakeholders for decision support on deal solutions.
- Ability to successfully influence business partners, even when holding a contrary position
- Communications with Business Unit(s) owner on discounts and pricing
- Knowledge of software and hardware revenue recognition rules and other accounting standards and the implications for contract structure
- Resolution of internal and external customer issues
Desired Qualifications & Experience
- 6 Years in Finance Department/Accounting/Auditing or related discipline
- Education: Finance or Accounting related degree preferred
- Dealing with sales & technical personnel at all levels
- Good interpersonal skills coupled with strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of software and hardware accounting rules
- Understanding of ASC606 software revenue recognition is a Plus+
The ideal candidate would be an expert on our CPQ tool, reviewing and enforcing revenue recognition compliance for all quoting deal types and who can work with cross-functional stakeholders for decision support on deal solutions.
Understanding the various business models available and advising the most appropriate structure for customer and Cadence success. Provide leadership with financial models and evaluation of deal economics, commercial terms and conditions and operational requirements to present risk/reward profile for proposal opportunities.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit cadence.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.