Cadence is looking for a detail-oriented Finance Manager to collaborate with business group, finance and revenue accounting team to effective support critical revenue forecast related processes.
Role: Sr Finance Manager
Location: San Jose, CA
- Strong knowledge of ASC 606 and related guidance
- Partner with project management teams to monitor the status of key projects closely to make sure project plans are valid and up to date, project time logging is reasonable, delivery milestones are accurate and proactively identify any potential issues that may impact revenue recognition
- Perform quarter-end close activities to ensure services revenue is properly recorded int the financial system and all controls are functioning as expected
- Review sales contracts and collaborate with revenue accounting team to help determine the most appropriate revenue accounting per relevant authoritative literature (e.g. ASC 606) and internal revenue recognition policies
- Maintain detailed revenue forecasts model for entire business group including both services and delivery-based revenue with depth understanding of the principles of Percentage of completion accounting and delivery-based contracts; Provide monthly and quarterly revenue forecast
- Prepare analytical reports pertaining to services revenue and key projects on a recurring and ad hoc basis
- Perform annual standalone selling price analysis to provide key inputs for revenue allocation; Also perform analysis to provide key insights for business groups
- Support quarterly reviews and annual audits conducted by internal and external auditors including SOX 404 requirements
- Proactively look for opportunities to improve control and processes and to automate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance / Accounting with minimum 8-10 years of relevant experience
- High degree of ethics and attention to details; Sense of ownership and accountability with a positive attitude to learn and improve and willingness to contribute to a team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to gather and evaluate information and provide value added insights
- Excellent communication skill and ability to build strong working relationships with cross functional teams
- Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities effectively in order to meet deadlines
- Proficiency with SAP or other comparable ERP; Advanced Excel skills
- Public accounting experience or experience working in a publicly traded company is strongly preferred
The annual salary range for California is $137,200 to $254,800. You may also be eligible to receive incentive compensation: bonus, equity, and benefits. Sales positions generally offer a competitive On Target Earnings (OTE) incentive compensation structure. Please note that the salary range is a guideline and compensation may vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies and work location. Our benefits programs include: paid vacation and paid holidays, 401(k) plan with employer match, employee stock purchase plan, a variety of medical, dental and vision plan options, and more.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit cadence.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.