Ansys’ photonic simulation software enables virtual prototyping and design optimization by simulating how light behaves within complex nano-scale structures, circuits, and systems. Our customers are developing the technology of tomorrow – things like LiDAR systems for autonomous cars, virtual reality headsets, lens and screen coatings, better camera sensors, communications equipment for data centers and new platforms for quantum computing.
As a software developer Intern at Ansys you will contribute to industry-leading software applications that meet high standards for accuracy and performance. You will join and check-in daily with a cross-functional squad, supervised by a Lead or Senior R&D Engineer, to create, code, and test following agile practices. The successful candidate has a passion for code, takes chances, shows initiative, and loves to learn.
- Join a squad to understand requirements and specifications.
- Learn and employ best practices within our agile process.
- Create efficient, maintainable and tested production-quality scientific code.
- Keep your colleagues up to date on problems, obstacles or issues.
- Present your work to other teams in the business unit and across Ansys.
- Actively participate in planning your work, pull requests, and give feedback to peers.
- Pursing a BS or MS degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or other related technical degree. If pursing BS, must be at least 3rd year of undergraduate program.
- Values and demonstrates personal growth.
- Excellent problem solving ability.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; and
- Familiarity with development tools such as Visual Studio, CMake, Git.
- Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or Engineering major.
- Experience developing with C++14 in a commercial setting
- Experience with CAD software, CUDA, or MPI.
- Personal interest in engineering or physics.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.