Staff Software Engineer (Cloud – SaaS – Java)
Synopsys – SIG is looking for a backend Staff Software Engineer to join our team designing and building the cloud services behind our market-leading software platform. Our tools analyze the customer’s software to find issues with security, quality and code compliance.
The platform is fully integrated into customers’ environments and is part of their mainstream development and testing processes. Think of it as a product that helps software developers like you to produce secure code of the highest quality grade across industries.
· Collaborate in a team of experienced senior engineers.
· Design, build and scale microservice components around our industry leading SAST tools for our cloud ecosystem.
· Participate in feature definition, development, and maintenance.
· Identify technical risks and obstacles of development projects and propose solutions as needed.
· Work with DevOps partners to release, monitor, and operate tool service components and APIs
· Effectively manage time, estimate projects and tasks.
· Contribute to peer design/implementation review, covering specifications, code, and infrastructure.
· Experience with distributed Java applications.
· Experience with public cloud (GCE, AWS, Azure, or similar).
· Experience with web API development
· Experience with a major RDBMS (Postgres, Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL)
· Experience with iterative SDLC and DevOps (CI/CD) processes
· Hands-on expertise architecting and tuning applications for performance and scalability.
· Ability to solve complex problems using efficient algorithms.
Nice to Have:
· SaaS platform experience
· Microservices and Container experience
· Experience with web application security.
· Expertise in database query optimization.
MS Computer Science/Software Engineering or an equivalent degree