Have you wondered how the latest smartphones, GPUs for generative AI, CPUs for cloud computing are designed? These compute resources are of mind-blowing complexity and need specialized software to design them. Cadence is one of the leading Electronics Design Automation software companies that provides semiconductor design software to all the leading design companies of the world and is growing as the era of generative AI spurs demand for more compute resources.
Optimization of power and performance under stringent physics based constraints is at the heart of everything we do and we are looking for candidates who can contribute and be a part of our growth story. Specifically, we are looking for candidates who can combine traditional scientific computation algorithms with the latest advances in machine learning algorithms:
- A MS/PhD degree in applied math with a focus on scientific computation and numerical methods for solving non-linear dynamic systems and optimization
- High level of familiarity with the latest advances in ML, specifically as it pertains to dynamical systems such as physics-inspired neural networks, attention mechanisms and GNNs
- Familiarity with discrete optimization algorithms
- Ability to modify the algorithms with domain knowledge provided by rest of the group
- Ability to code up the numerical algorithms in C++/Python and show working prototypes
- Strong communication skills with the ability to convey complex ideas simply to people who may not be experts in the field
Location: San Jose, CA although some flexibility may be there for exceptional candidates
The annual salary range for California is $108,500 to $201,500. You may also be eligible to receive incentive compensation: bonus, equity, and benefits. Sales positions generally offer a competitive On Target Earnings (OTE) incentive compensation structure. Please note that the salary range is a guideline and compensation may vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies and work location. Our benefits programs include: paid vacation and paid holidays, 401(k) plan with employer match, employee stock purchase plan, a variety of medical, dental and vision plan options, and more.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit cadence.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.