Perforce Software powers innovation at an unrivaled scale. Our solutions drive quality, security, compliance, collaboration, and speed across the technology lifecycle. We bring deep domain and vertical expertise to every customer, so nothing stands in the way of success.
Our global footprint spans more than 80 countries and includes over 75% of the Fortune 100. Perforce delivers solutions for even the toughest DevOps challenges and is trusted by the world’s top brands and notable market leaders, such as Adobe, Apple, Bank of America, Electronic Arts, Intuit, Marriott, NASA, Nvidia, Pixar, Qualcomm, Salesforce.com, Samsung, and SAP.
Piyush Goswami, Director, Software Engineering for the OpenLogic at Perforce is searching for a Software Engineer to join the team. OpenLogic provides enterprise services for hundreds of open source projects, including OpenJDK, Kubernetes, CentOS, and MariaDB. With OpenLogic, teams boost efficiency and reduce risk.
OpenLogic by Perforce provides end-to-end enterprise support and services for organizations using open source software in their infrastructure. With support for over 400 open source packages, guaranteed SLAs, and direct access to highly-experienced Enterprise Architects, OpenLogic customers receive a consolidated and holistic open source support solution through our 24×7 ticket-based support, professional services, and training.
- Investigate vulnerabilities/CVEs in core CentOS and associated packages
- Reproduce CVE issues, apply CVE patches to packages and Linux kernels, validate CVE resolutions with tests
- Ensure timely release of any CVE fix. (ensuring strict adherence to customer SLAs)
- Engage with support team to provide solutions for any customer issues.
- Ensure our documentation is up-to-date with each release.
- Drive initiatives to support continuous improvement of process, quality metrics, communication and tooling
- Actively monitor CVEs related to CentOS, analyse them and provide timely updates.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- You have 3+ years of professional experience as a software engineer, ideally with low level Linux based systems
- Solid hands-on knowledge of C or C++ (on any Linux OS flavour) – Mandatory
- Proficient in Shell Scripting/PowerShell and Python – highly desirable
- Strong zeal to contribute to Open Source community
- Proficient using npm and npm registries
- Experience with Vagrant a plus
- Experience with Linux Kernel development a plus
- Experience using Continuous Integration systems, such as Jenkins
- Experience compiling software with open-source toolchains
- Experience with version control, especially git
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting mindset.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit www.perforce.com.