Website Mentor Graphics
Not to brag, but nearly 4,000 organizations worldwide, including KLM, Medtronic, Merck, and Philips, rely on Mendix to build web and mobile applications. Thousands of our customers use our platform to delight their clients and empower their employees. It’s no surprise that we’re a recognized Leader by Gartner and Forrester in a red-hot market expected to exceed $21 billion by 2022. Ok, maybe we did want to brag a little. But we’re proud of what we’ve accomplished…and…we’re humble enough to admit that we need you to make us even more effective.
If you are an experienced Cloud developer and want to make a difference for tens of thousands of developers in our community, we have a opportunity for you! As a company, we’re in constant communication with our community, but we need your field experience to improve our product and take it to the next level.
Take the Mendix Developer Portal for example, there’s a need to help new developers discover the Mendix Platform, engage them with content and help tailored to their needs, and teach them to make beautiful applications. When you are using Mendix daily, you’ll be buzzing with ideas that can have a huge impact on our developer community.
And if we take a look at the Mendix Cloud Portal, the need for self-service, easy scalability and putting CI/CD in place is paramount. If you have experience administering Cloud application environments, you might have some ideas you can turn into real solutions here, on Mendix cloud, but also on 3rd party Cloud environments.
In the end, whichever part of our online platform you want to work on, we have enough challenges for you. If you have a vision on how the team and Mendix should move forward, we’d love to discuss these with you.
- Leveraging and integration the latest Cloud Platforms (Cloud Foundry and Kubernetes)
- Integrating the platform with our partners’ platforms;
- Creating tools and connectors to be able to use our partners’ services, such as Cognitive Services;
- Performing testing in order to ensure quality;
- Communicating with the external parties for a better alignment;
- Enabling a lot of dynamics in your work activities and projects.
- A degree in Computer Science or related field (Master / Bachelor level)
- Minimum of three years with Java, Spring Boot; overall 5+ years of software development experience
- You have strong experience with object-oriented language(s)
- Experience building highly-scalable, highly-available, multi-region, and distributed systems and micro service architectures
- focus for quality over quantity – demonstrable through clean, crisp, maintainable code, with good abstractions, clean Git history, etc.
- DevOps mindset: you build it, you run it
- good knowledge of Unix/Linux fundamentals
- a home address inside the Netherlands or another EU country.
- TypeScript, Python
- REST, OData
- Integration Projects with externals
- Technological wizard, playing around with different technologies
- TDD & BDD and know when and when not to use it
- You are a fan of agile.
- approachable, open minded
- an effective communicator and you like to be part of a team
- with great attitude where you walk the extra mile if needed
- strive for mastery in anything you do or own
- detailed oriented
- boundary less and take ownership
- a critical thinker
- creative and solution oriented.