Website Agile Analog
Agile Analog is revolutionising the way Analog circuits are designed. Based in Cambridge but with the ability to work flexibly, we are growing quickly to become one of the world’s leading semiconductor IP companies. Using our innovative core technology, we are able to design circuits faster, to a higher quality, and on any silicon process.
We are disrupting methodologies that have been unchanged for generations and if you have the mindset and desire to make an impact, then play a part in our story.
We are looking for Engineers with expertise in analog circuit concepts as well as software development skills,
operating as a bridge between Analog Engineering and Software Engineering disciplines.
You should be an experienced software engineer, but also have a keen interest in hardware design. As an excellent communicator and working as a key technical expert, you will work collaboratively and proactively with colleagues across a range of disciplines, including software and analog design. You will work alongside analog engineers to create solutions to develop the algorithms, tools and infrastructure to automate the creation and verification of analog circuits.
What you will be doing
- Developing the algorithms, software tools, methodologies and infrastructure used for designing transistors and other components on any manufacturing process
- Working constructively and collaboratively with analog circuit designers to understand their design process, using that detailed knowledge to drive software development
- Deploying solutions at scale to ensure interoperability on a highly diverse platform
What we need from you:
- A cross-discipline mindset:
- Detailed knowledge of the principles of software engineering
- A keen interest in understanding the principles of circuit design
- Advanced object-oriented programming experience
- Knowledge of Python, and its ecosystem and toolchain
- Knowledge of continuous integration/ continuous deployment and automated test environments
- Experience of working with stakeholders to understand features and behaviours
- Experience of defining minimum viable products and walking skeletons
- Experience of test-driven development and behaviour-driven development
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
Even better if you have:
- A background in, or enthusiasm for working on algorithms related to modelling of physical systems
- Experience of scalable cloud deployment
- Experience of designing circuit design, or a thirst to learn
- Experience in the semiconductor industry and IP development
- Knowledge of Analog EDA design methodologies
- Experience in Lisp/ SKILL, TCL & Open Access
- Experience of domain-driven design
What we offer in return:
As well as the opportunity to really play a pivotal part in our success, we offer:
- A friendly, supportive and inclusive working environment
- Flexible work hours to fit around your personal commitments
- Hybrid Working
- Professional development and professional society membership
- Company share options
- 25 days’ annual leave with the option to purchase additional days
- Company pension scheme (with a salary sacrifice option)
- Private health insurance (including optical and dental cover)
- Life Assurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme – free wellbeing and health services
If the above role matches your experience, skills and motivations then we would love to hear from you.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit apply.workable.com.