As a software development engineer in the Electronic Design Automation (EDA) area you are challenged with the largest integrated circuits that are currently developed by the world’s leading semiconductor companies. Working with such a large amount of data requires new and innovative approaches and algorithms.
Your responsibility covers different aspects of software development: architecture, APIs, graphical user interface, unit testing, bug fixing, and performance optimization.
The position will also play an important role in the development of new features by summarizing customer requests and ideas and creating the specification for the implementation.
The continuous optimization of the development environment and design methodologies is an important part of the daily work.
You will also have to work with the test engineering team to ensure the quality of our products.
What You Will Do:
- Develop new features in C/C++ and maintain existing product functionality.
- Perform code reviews, fix bugs identified in the code and investigate older code to identify issues.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of our software development technologies, tools, and processes to ensure the highest quality in our products.
- Own development of features starting from the GUI and going to back-end APIs, database etc., including the documentation of the new features.
- Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
- Collaborate with managers, product groups, customer support, and marketing to understand customer requirements.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent.
- At least 2 years’ expertise in C/C++ software development.
- Ability to design and code complex systems, and provide high-quality, self-explanatory, maintainable implementations.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as C++ or Java including object-oriented design.
- Familiarity with development practices: continuous integration, build automation, coding standards, peer reviews, and unit testing.
- Expertise in developing automated tests.
- Strong knowledge of algorithm development, data structure designing and debugging skills.
- Excellent English communication skills and German skills as a plus.
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms and their complexities.
- Experience in design and development of GUI is desirable.
- Experience in TCL scripting is a plus.
- Experience building systems that handle big amounts of data.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance.
- Knowledge of Verilog, System Verilog, VHDL and SPICE.
- Experience with CI/CD, GitLab pipelines or similar.
- User experience in revision control systems (especially git).
- Experience in the EDA or semiconductor field.
How You Will Be Successful:
- Envision the Future
- Communicate Honestly and Broadly
- Seek Technology and Business “Firsts”
- Embrace Diversity and Take Risks
What We Offer:
- A culture that promotes people and talent
- Direct communication channels, transnational and open corporate philosophy with team spirit
- State-of-the-art IT equipment
- Competitive Salary
- Outstanding Work/Life Balance
- Hybrid working model and flexible working hours
- Company events and joint sports activities
- Company pension plan
- Free drinks and fresh fruit
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit phh.tbe.taleo.net.