Intel’s Sales, Marketing and Communications Group (SMG) is looking for candidates to join our Corporation Planning Group (CPG) for a Summer 2023 internship. CPG is critical in delivering world class supply chain that accelerates the adoption of Intel technology. As a member of the team, you will be a full business partner making and influencing business decisions that optimize Intel’s Supply Chain. SMG offers all interns opportunities to network and engage with our broader teams to explore all facets of SMG and Intel. You will be encouraged and supported to discover your interests while being mentored with senior team members. We invite you to join our fun, hard-working, and exciting team.
The Supply Chain Analyst Intern scope could include but is not limited to:
- Converting manufacturing and business requirements into actionable strategies and tactics as they relate to inventory management, capital procurement and logistics.
- Evaluating supplier performance including contractual requirements, lead time, quality, capacity and capability.
- Conducting benchmarking or market analysis to develop recommendations based on industry best practices
- Developing cost models and driving cost savings initiatives in support of the business strategy through analytics and engagement with customers across the supply chain
- Identifying and implementing improvements of processes, systems and tools based on thorough understanding of the business processes and supply chain dependencies
- Using data analytics and visualization tools to drive tactical and strategic decision processes.
- Partnering with business units and factories to optimize capacity utilization.
- Working with cross organizational teams to solve problems and drive supply chain solutions.
A successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Problem solving skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Works in a dynamic, results and team-oriented environment.
- Possess high tolerance for ambiguity.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Influence, strategic thinking and leadership skills.
- Understands and streamlines business strategies, customer and supplier management.
Inside this Business Group
Intel’s Sales, Marketing and Communications Groups (SMG) organization works with global customers and partners to solve critical business problems with Intel based technology solutions. SMG works across business units to amplify the customer voice and deliver solutions that accelerate their business. We work across numerous industries, including retail, enterprise and government, cloud services and healthcare as examples. The operations team focuses on forecasting, driving alignment with factory production and delivering efficiency tools and our marketing capability drives demand and localized marketing in locations around the globe. Our sales force navigates a complex partner and customer ecosystem while shaping product roadmaps, driving value for our customers, and collaborating to harness emerging technology trends to deliver comprehensive solutions.
This position is not eligible for employment-based visa/immigration sponsorship. Intel sponsors individuals for employment-based visas for positions where we experience a shortage of US Workers. These skills shortage roles are typically STEM contributing positions requiring a Master’s or PhD degree, or a Bachelor’s degree with three years’ related job experience. This position does not qualify for Intel Sponsorship because it is either (1) a non-STEM contributing position, or (2) a STEM position that only requires a Bachelor’s degree and less than three years’ experience.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience would be obtained through a combination of prior education level classes, and current level school classes, projects, research and relevant previous job and/or internship experience.
- Enrolled Full Time and pursuing a Bachelors degree in Supply Chain or related field.
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- Graduation Date December 2023 or later.
- Experience in supply chain management or engineering (procurement, supplier selection/management, contract negotiations, logistics/distribution, planning, materials management, factory operations)
- Experience in Microsoft Power BI or similar data visualization tools