Intel’s Sales, Marketing and Communications Group (SMG) is looking for candidates to join our organization for a Summer 2023 internship. SMG is collectively responsible for driving the accelerated adoption of Intel technology. We are undertaking a major initiative to modernize our tools, processes, and methods to take advantage of modern analytic techniques. This role offers a unique opportunity to use your skills as a Data Scientist to have a major impact on a multi-billion-dollar business. SMG offers all interns opportunities to network and engage with our broader teams to explore all facets of SMG and Intel. You will be encouraged and supported to discover your interests while being mentored with senior team members. We invite you to join our fun, hard-working, and exciting team.
The Data Scientist Intern scope could include but is not limited to:
- Using predictive modeling, statistics, machine learning, data mining, and other data analysis techniques to collect, explore, and extract insights largely form structured data sets (e.g. Econometric data, historical time series forecasts and actuals, and others) and some unstructured data (e.g. In future may include things like Salesforce or web scraping, sentiment extraction, etc…).
- Developing and implementing models, algorithms and potentially software and applications apply mathematics to data, perform large; small scale experimentation to translate data into intelligence, solving a variety of business problems and enabling successful business strategy.
- Develop partnerships and collaborate with Business Owners to develop solutions that address key business challenges.
- Act as a Data Translator to Communicate and understand the value of analytic work, articulate and advocate for work on the basis of estimated/calculated business impact.
- Build proofs of concept locally and define and convey the data requirements to data engineers or solution architects in order to build our data sets and records into a cross org data pipeline, including: collecting, cleaning, integrating, storing, handling, transforming, querying, analyzing, and visualizing data.
- Aide in the selection of the focus areas/experiments/project selection defining the and assessing technical due diligence criteria.
- Assist business colleagues in identifying causal relationships, applying inferences, and finding patterns and relationships in data.
- Define and apply technical due diligence criteria for project selection.
A successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Good verbal and written communication
- History of working with collaborative teams to deliver projects
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment that will require exceptional multi-tasking skills.
This position is not eligible for employment-based visa/immigration sponsorship. Intel sponsors individuals for employment-based visas for positions where we experience a shortage of US Workers. These skills shortage roles are typically STEM contributing positions requiring a Master’s or PhD degree, or a Bachelor’s degree with three years’ related job experience. This position does not qualify for Intel Sponsorship because it is either (1) a non-STEM contributing position, or (2) a STEM position that only requires a Bachelor’s degree and less than three years’ experience.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience would be obtained through a combination of prior education level classes, and current level school classes, projects, research and relevant previous job and/or internship experience.
- Must be pursuing a Master’s degree in Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics or any related field.
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- Graduation Date December 2023 or later
- Scripting Languages (I.e Python, Perl, R, etc)
- 6+ months of Experience driving measurable impact to organizations through applied analytics
- 6+ months of Experience working with medium sized data sets- 10’s of thousands of data points, hundreds of variables, thousands of engineered variables/interaction effects
- Experience conducting analyses of data to address pricing, demand forecasting, supply/demand matching or other business operations or sales operations functions.
- Machine learning and analytics packages experience (e.g. R, Data Robot, Azure ML studios, Stata, SAS Viya, and others like Mahout, Matlab, Octave, Weka if applicable.
- Experience with data cleaning and data curation using scripting techniques in Python/R
- Programming languages (i.e. Java, C/C++, SQL).
- Dashboarding experience (i.e. Tableau/Power BI/Plotly-Dash)
- Big Data Technologies (i.e. Hadoop, HBase, Lucene/Solr)
- Familiarity with DL frameworks (Tensor Flow, Pytorch, CNTK, MXNet, Paddle paddle)
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.intel.com.