Website Siemens EDA
Here at Siemens, we take pride in enabling sustainable progress through technology. We do this through empowering customers by combining the real and digital worlds. Improving how we live, work, and move today and for the next generation! We know that the only way a business thrives is if our people are thriving. That’s why we always put our people first. Our global, diverse team would be happy to support you and challenge you to grow in new ways. Who knows where our shared journey will take you?
Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, adaptable, and responsible environments. Our aim isn’t just about improving buildings; it’s about creating perfect places that improve people’s lives.
Fire Alarm Technicians participate in the installation, programming, start-up, and commissioning of fire alarm equipment that has been newly installed. Systems include fire safety, mass notification, detectors, and field peripherals. As a Fire Alarm Technician Level I, you will communicate design details to customers, installation and service teams, and subcontractors. You will also interface with other trades to successfully complete projects while exceeding customers’ expectations.
As a Fire Alarm Technician, you will:
- Run routine reports to review system operation
- Participate in final inspection and testing
- Support customer acceptance and the Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ)
- Assist with customer training on system operations
- Complete and submit routine written reports
- Provide plans and fire safety system documents to engineering for as-built drawings. Identify code and non-conformance issues and make recommendations for system installation
- Project Site Communication and Coordination: May support others in the scheduling of trade contractors to coordinate start-up services. Adhere to local, corporate, and OSHA safety policies and procedures
You will make an impact with these qualifications:
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED
- Ability to read and understand design and construction documents
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds, and high-lift equipment, working in ducts, crawl spaces, roofs, basements, above ceilings, and in outside/inside/heat/cold/day/night conditions
- Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States and must not require employer-based support or sponsorship now or in the future
- Must be at least 18 years old with a valid driver’s license in good standing (limited violations)
- Associate degree or higher in electronics or related field
- 1+ years’ experience in the installation and maintenance of fire safety products
- Obtain NICET Fire Alarm Certification Level 1 within 12 months.
- Ability to create detailed reports and professional documentation.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
You’ll benefit from:
- Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to our employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html
- The pay range for this position is $46,800-$80,200 / year. The actual wage offered may be lower or higher depending on budget and candidate experience, knowledge, skills, qualifications and premium geographic location.
Ready to create your own journey? Join us today and help create a better #TomorrowWithUs!
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.siemens.com.