Website Siemens EDA
Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, adaptable, and responsible environments. Our aim isn’t just about improving buildings; it’s about creating perfect places that improve people’s lives.
Electrical Service Specialists perform complex startup, commissioning, maintenance, and troubleshooting of medium and low voltage electrical power systems. These power systems include, but are not limited to transformers, circuit breakers, switchgear/switchboard, protective relays, motor control centers, VFDs, cable, and metering and backup power supplies.
As an Electrical Service Specialist, you will:
- Lead basic to complex installation and checkout of electric and electronic components for systems and service installed jobs and service agreements. Tasks are associated with maintenance and testing of switchgear/switchboard, motor controls, circuit breakers, panel boards, transformers, and surge protection devices. Responsible for vibration analysis and metering, battery maintenance and testing, power monitoring, power quality, and protective relay maintenance.
- Install wiring and connect to the power source. Perform emergency troubleshooting of power distribution products and third-party equipment. Perform complex service upgrades, reconditioning, retrofits, etc. for low-voltage power distribution products and systems.
- Perform onsite technical and operational support in the design, development, installation, and maintenance of equipment and systems of a complex nature. Perform complex site surveys to develop base or installation design plans.
- Provide instructions to customer personnel regarding proper operation and routine inspections. Train customers to maintain and adjust complex equipment. Provide expert advice, training, and technical assistance to support staff and train lower level employees. Complete and submit reports covering all job activity. Responsible for maintaining complex tools, test equipment, calibration items, etc.
- Plan and estimate labor categories, rates, material dollar costs, and transportation expenses to complete complex proposals. Perform review of complex task plans, drawings, and installation schematics; provide continual guidance throughout the project duration.
- Must be available to respond to emergency and relief assignments.
You will make an impact with these qualifications:
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED
- 8 years of experience troubleshooting and repairing electrical control circuits and ability to obtain thermography certification
- 8 years of experience with electrical testing, including but not limited to primary current injection testing, resistance testing, dielectric testing, and thermal scans on medium and low voltage electrical systems
- 8 years of experience using electrical test sets to perform AC and DC high potential testing, transformer turns ratio testing, transformer power factor testing, and other power system test practices and procedures
- Skilled at interpreting protective coordination studies and testing and configuring protective relays
- Capable of reading bills of material, electrical blueprints, and power system study reports
- Experience with the installation, commissioning, and maintenance of low and medium voltage power distributions systems
- Familiar with the arc flash and shock hazards of 13.8 kV and the following electrical equipment: Siemens GIS, AIS, WL, RL, and SB breakers and switchgear
- Familiar with ANSI, NEC, NFPA, IEEE, and NETA codes and standards
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Legally authorized to work in the United States on a continual and permanent basis without company sponsorship
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license with limited violations
- Associate Degree
- AVO, NETA, and NICET certifications
- Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to our employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html
- The pay range for this position is $63,000-$108,000. The actual wage offered may be lower or higher depending on budget and candidate experience, knowledge, skills, qualifications and premium geographic location.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.siemens.com.