Alphawave IP builds industry-leading wired connectivity solutions that enable data to travel faster, more reliably, and with higher performance at lower power. Our technology is embedded in leading-edge semiconductors built to power global network and computer systems. It is an essential part of the core infrastructure enabling next generation services in data centres, artificial intelligence, 5G wireless infrastructure, data networking, autonomous vehicles, and solid-state storage.
We’re looking for the Wavemakers of tomorrow.
Junior Silicon Validation Engineer
The Alphawave IP Silicon Validation and Applications team is looking for an individual to join our team to support the silicon lab validation activities for our ultra high-speed (100Gbps+) network communication devices. Be part of a fast moving, enthusiastic, and dynamic team made up of mixed signal, system, validation, and application engineers. You will have the opportunity to work in the lab to further grow your hardware and software skills, work with the latest and greatest lab equipment and software tools, in addition to working on leading edge technology.
In this role you will be working in a team environment validating and characterizing the next generation ultra-high-speed interfaces, referred to Serial-Deserializer (SerDes) transceivers or optical transceivers. You will be responsible for testing of our SerDes devices, developing Python automation scripts to characterize the devices, and performing device result analysis, all under the support of a great team of engineers. General requirements will be provided, however, you will be highly encouraged to impart your analytical thinking, statistical analysis, and programming creativity. It is important to us to get your fresh perspective and thinking on what we do on a regular basis.
What You Will Do
- You will be involved with the characterization activities of the SerDes device with an emphasis on optical characterization, including hardware measurement and debug, developing Python scripts and routines for device configuration, automation and lab instrumentation control, including but not limited to, oscilloscopes, bit error rate testers (BERT), signal analyzers, vector network analyzers (VNA), Variable Optical Attenuators (VOA), power meters, and Optical Spectrum Analyzers (OSA)
- Collaborate with analog/system/digital, package, and PCB engineering teams to understand and develop test methodologies, identify required equipment and components, implement and execute test setups, and report results
- Understand requirements for SerDes compliance testing across all applicable standards such as IEEE 802.3 and OIF
- Timely delivery of test reports
- Support design of HW fixtures for test setups with consideration for signal and power integrity
- Provide regular project status communication
- Develop/improve/align to team best test practices
What You Will Need
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Programming with Python (and MatLab) for the purpose of IC testing and automation of this testing
- A desire to work in a hardware lab environment testing semiconductor devices in electrical and optical applications
It Would Be Amazing If You Had
- Knowledge of optical and electrical IC test methodologies
- Experience using equipment to test SerDes devices such as oscilloscopes, BERTs, signal analyzers, VNAs, AWG, VOA, OSA, and power meters
- Knowledge of signal integrity and power integrity concepts
- Experience with statistical data analysis and tools used in the semiconductor industry
- Able to listen to and appreciate ideas and opinions that differ from yours
- Detail oriented
- High organizational skills
- Superb analytical and problem-solving skills
- Drives for consistency
- Takes personal pride in high standard of outputs
- Self-motivated and self-managing
Diversity & Inclusivity
Alphawave IP is based out of one of the most diverse countries in the world. This includes differences related to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender expression and presentation, sexual orientation, religion, age, ability and socioeconomic status. To us, diversity is one our strongest assets to our organization. We commit ourselves to promoting the recognition and appreciation of our diverse and rich culture. We believe that it is critical to our success to promote freedom of thought and opinion in a respectful environment. The decisions we make are rooted by respectfully considering each other’s thoughts and opinions and by working towards a greater common goal.
Alphawave IP is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. If as a qualified job applicant, you request accommodation, Alphawave IP will consult with you to provide reasonable accommodations according to your specific needs. If you wish to make a request, you will be provided an opportunity if your application is selected to proceed in our hiring process
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit workforcenow.adp.com.