We’re looking for the dreamweavers of tomorrow.
The Alphawave IP Silicon Validation and Applications team is looking for a dynamic and motivated individual to join our team to support the silicon lab activities for our ultra high-speed (100Gbps+) network communication devices. Be part of a fast moving, enthusiastic, and dynamic team made up of mixed signal, system, validation, and application engineers. If you enjoy hands-on type of work rather than working in front of a computer all day this job is for you. In the lab you will contribute and manage the test HW setups, further growing your hardware and software skills as you support the testing of these devices. This is an opportunity to work with the latest and greatest lab equipment and software tools in addition to working on leading edge technology.
In this role you will be working in a team environment supporting the validation and characterization for the next generation ultra-high-speed interfaces, referred to Serial-Deserializer (SerDes) transceivers or optical transceivers. You will be responsible for test support of our SerDes devices including, maintaining all hardware setups, preventative maintenance and calibration certification of equipment, lab logistics and safety, and support the execution of Python automation scripts to characterize the devices, all under the support and guidance of a great team of experienced engineers.
What You Will Do
- You will be involved with the characterization activities of the SerDes device including hardware bench setups, hardware measurements and debug, and where necessary, support and maintain Python scripts and routines for device automation and lab instrumentation control, including but not limited to, oscilloscopes, bit error rate testers (BERT), signal analyzers, vector network analyzers (VNA), Variable Optical Attenuators (VOA), Optical Spectrum Analyzers (OSA), and power meters
- Work with team and subcontractors to identify and procure lab equipment, consumables, and materials
- Managing lab logistics and preventative maintenance activities
- Maintain equipment calibration certification
- Owner of lab safety
- Working with building operations team on all facility related matters
- Create and maintain documentation, such as lab user guides / procedures and equipment records
- Provide status report on lab activities
What You Will Need
- Minimum of Diploma in Electrical Engineering Technician or Technology
- Understanding of basic electrical circuits
- Ability to debug, repair solder, manual assembly of PCB
- Experience using equipment such as oscilloscopes, BERTs, signal analyzers, VNAs, and power supplies, VOA, OSA, power meters
- Ability to manage and organize the lab, including tracking of all lab equipment
It Would Be Amazing If You Had
- Programming experience with Python and MatLab for the purpose of IC testing and automation of this testing
- Knowledge of signal integrity and power integrity concepts
- Semiconductor knowledge, particularly SerDes devices
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to listen to and appreciate ideas and opinions that differ from yours
- Extremely detail oriented
- High organizational skills
- Superb analytical and problem-solving skills
- Drives for consistency
- Takes personal pride in high standard of outputs
- Self-motivated and self-managing
Diversity & Inclusivity
Alphawave IP is based out of one of the most diverse countries in the world. This includes differences related to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender expression and presentation, sexual orientation, religion, age, ability and socioeconomic status. To us, diversity is one our strongest assets to our organization. We commit ourselves to promoting the recognition and appreciation of our diverse and rich culture. We believe that it is critical to our success to promote freedom of thought and opinion in a respectful environment. The decisions we make are rooted by respectfully considering each other’s thoughts and opinions and by working towards a greater common goal, saving lives.
Alphawave IP is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. If as a qualified job applicant, you request accommodation, Alphawave IP will consult with you to provide reasonable accommodations according to your specific needs. If you wish to make a request, you will be provided an opportunity if your application is selected to proceed in our hiring process.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.awaveip.com.