The Signal Integrity Engineer will complete engineering projects by organizing and controlling project elements.
Essential Functions/ Responsibilities:
- Use novel techniques in modeling & simulation to design new connectors, cable assemblies, and connector evaluation PCBs with a focus on developing world-class connectors and cable assemblies on tight timelines with excellent correlation between measurement and simulation.
- Guide and direct the activities of multifunctional team(s) per the priorities set by engineering management & learnings from SI simulations/measurements on developing major new products.
- Perform high-speed empirical and analytical signal integrity evaluations of interconnects. Work in laboratory environment to validate design and correlate measurement with simulations using VNA, TDR and Oscilloscope.
- Provide development input to design teams, create electrical product models, and associated supporting documentation.
- Analyze variation dependence and parametric optimization of models.
“The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities”
- 5+ Years’ Experience designing and developing high-speed digital, RF, or microwave connectors.
- Experience using commercial 3D field solvers to study electromagnetic effects.
- Familiarity with high volume connector manufacturing methods & processes is required.
- Must have a proven track record of successful connector design.
- Communication skills are a must as this person will interact with engineers in different disciplines as well as with members of management.
- Must be able handle multiple projects simultaneously as priorities can change quickly.
- Must be able to sit/stand for at least 90 consecutive minutes, and not suffer from any sensory deprivation and/or paralysis of the limbs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE), Physics, or related field, or other equivalent work experience.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.jobvite.com.