Founded in 1976, Samtec is a privately held, $950 million global manufacturer of a broad line of electronic interconnect solutions, including High-Speed Board-to-Board, High-Speed Cables, Mid-Board and Panel Optics, Precision RF, Flexible Stacking, and Micro/Rugged components and cables. Samtec Technology Centers are dedicated to developing and advancing technologies, strategies and products to optimize both the performance and cost of a system from the bare die to an interface 100 meters away, and all interconnect points in between. With 40+ international locations and products sold in more than 125 different countries, Samtec’s global presence enables its unmatched customer service.
The Senior Signal Integrity Engineer will design, drive development of, and validate high-speed connectors for digital applications at 112G-PAM4 and beyond.
Essential Functions/ Responsibilities:
- Use novel techniques and statistical methodologies in modeling & simulation to design new connectors, cable assemblies, and connector evaluation PCBs with a focus on high quality, tight timelines, and excellent correlation between measurement and simulation.
- Guide and direct the activities of multifunctional team(s) per the priorities set by engineering management & learnings from SI simulations/measurements on developing major new products.
- Perform high-speed empirical and analytical signal integrity evaluations of interconnects. Work with high-speed laboratory staff as needed to validate design and correlate measurements with simulations using VNA, TDR, and Oscilloscope.
- Provide development input to mechanical design teams, as well as create electrical models and associated supporting documentation.
- Analyze variation dependence and perform parametric optimization of models using DOE methodologies.
“The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities”
- 5-10 Years’ Experience designing and developing high-speed digital, RF, and/or microwave connectors.
- Experience using commercial 3D field solvers to study electromagnetic effects, with strength in Ansys software highly preferred.
- Familiarity with high volume connector manufacturing methods & processes is required.
- Must have a proven track record of successful connector design.
- Communication skills are a must as this person will interact with engineers in different disciplines, potentially with electrical standards bodies, as well as with members of management.
- Must be able handle multiple projects simultaneously as priorities can change quickly.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE), Physics, or related field with Master’s Degree in EE preferred.
SAMTEC, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating a diverse environment. All employment decisions at Samtec are based in business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, pregnancy or parental status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity/expression, marital status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.jobvite.com.