The Senior Signal Integrity Engineer will design, drive development of, and validate high-speed connectors for digital applications at 112G-PAM4 and beyond.
Essential Functions/ Responsibilities:
- Use novel techniques and statistical methodologies in modeling & simulation to design new connectors, cable assemblies, and connector evaluation PCBs with a focus on high quality, tight timelines, and excellent correlation between measurement and simulation.
- Guide and direct the activities of multifunctional team(s) per the priorities set by engineering management & learnings from SI simulations/measurements on developing major new products.
- Perform high-speed empirical and analytical signal integrity evaluations of interconnects. Work with high-speed laboratory staff as needed to validate design and correlate measurements with simulations using VNA, TDR, and Oscilloscope.
- Provide development input to mechanical design teams, as well as create electrical models and associated supporting documentation.
- Analyze variation dependence and perform parametric optimization of models using DOE methodologies.
“The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities”
- 5-10 Years’ Experience designing and developing high-speed digital, RF, and/or microwave connectors.
- Experience using commercial 3D field solvers to study electromagnetic effects, with strength in Ansys software highly preferred.
- Familiarity with high volume connector manufacturing methods & processes is required.
- Must have a proven track record of successful connector design.
- Communication skills are a must as this person will interact with engineers in different disciplines, potentially with electrical standards bodies, as well as with members of management.
- Must be able handle multiple projects simultaneously as priorities can change quickly.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE), Physics, or related field with Master’s Degree in EE preferred.