Website Siemens EDA
The Business Unit Customer Services supports service and maintenance related matters for Siemens Mobility for the Belgian and Luxembourg market. We strive to make rail transport even more efficient through innovative technologies at all levels (rolling stock and rail infrastructure) and by providing our customers with excellent service and maintenance services.
As a Maintenance Engineer Railway Signaling , your main goal is to keep the systems installed at our customer, from Siemens Mobility, operational and always available . You guarantee a high availability of these systems thanks to the renewal of systems as well as the preventive and corrective maintenance of existing systems .
You can count on practical training . For example, you will prepare commissioning and maintenance documentation. You will also participate in measurement campaigns, installation work and commissioning work. You will also perform on-site delivery tests (SATs) for rail equipment (ETCS, Interlocking) and system components. Finally, you will gain experience on our equipment through testing in the lab.
After the training phase you will be responsible for:
- Preventive interventions for signaling projects such as checking data logs, inspection of registered signaling equipment and preventive hardware replacement;
- Corrective actions for signaling projects : identifying problems, solving problems through hardware replacement – including software and configuration files;
- On-site intervention & troubleshooting technical support and assistance in our customer’s rail support center;
- Support customers in identifying their needs with a view to improving the availability and reliability of their systems;
- Ensure proper administration and registration of the information in our CMMS system (Computerized Maintenance Management System);
- Your working area is Belgium and your schedule is flexible : you will participate in the permanence system with possible interventions after office hours, during the night and at weekends. Some of our service activities also have to be carried out during night and weekend hours (due to the rail infrastructure being out of service).
- Ideally, you have obtained at least a bachelor’s degree in Electronics, ICT, (Electro) Mechanics or Automation;
- You have broad technical knowledge in mechanical and/or electronic systems (software + hardware) , mainly in the field of automation technology . In addition, you have a good basic knowledge of IT systems and networks ;
- Knowledge of railway applications is an asset (signalling technology, railway operation, interlocking system);
- You describe yourself as hands-on, problem-solving, customer-oriented and persistent . In addition, you have a great adaptability and you are communicative ;
- You are flexible , both in terms of workplace (everywhere in Belgium), and in working hours (day work, night work, weekend work and standby shifts);
- Since you will be working anywhere in Belgium, you will have a very good verbal command of Dutch or French. In addition, you have a good knowledge of the second language and of English.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.siemens.com.