Summary / Role Purpose
Join the Ansys Customer Excellence team to partner with our customers to engineer what’s ahead, solve their real-world engineering problems, deploy Ansys software in their design workflows, and grow Ansys’ business. As a competent user of Ansys products, you will use engineering knowledge to provide technical pre-sales support, perform professional services, and help translate customer requirements into exciting new product features. A Corporate Application Engineer (CAE) becomes an expert in applying AGI’s software for addressing some of the most challenging aerospace and defense problems.
Based out of AGI Headquarters in Exton, PA, the CAE operates as part a dynamic team of engineers, software developers and business professionals who assist AGI customers in performing analyses, solving problems, and integrating and deploying custom software solutions.
Currently, AGI is searching for experienced candidates with a desire to make a meaningful contribution to the aerospace and defense community and who have the technical and interpersonal skills required to do so in our fast-paced work environment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing product expertise in the STK family of products
- Providing technical assistance, best-practice education and problem-solving support for a wide range of technically challenging aerospace and defense applications
- Working on-site with customers to implement software best practices and address real-world problems
- Presenting/documenting analysis results
- Programming user interfaces, automation scripts and integration code in support of customer applications
- Collaborate closely with other Ansys Customer Excellence teams and customers to integrate their multi-fidelity analytical models and/or tools in system-level and platform-based solutions
- Operate as part of a dynamic team of engineers, software developers and business professionals to assist customers in performing analyses, solving problems, and integrating and deploying custom solutions
- Collaborate with the Ansys product development teams to translate customer requirements into exciting new product features; test new releases of Ansys products on industrial problems
- Support Ansys field and digital marketing
- Contribute to consulting services, conduct introductory training classes
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- BS in an engineering or scientific discipline, preferably with knowledge of aerospace and aerospace sciences, MS preferred.
- 3+ years’ prior work experience in the aerospace industry is desirable
- Demonstrated ability in technical problem solving is mandatory
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Working knowledge or experience with STK and ODTK is desirable
- Scripting Experience in MATLAB, Python, or other scripting languages
- Programming experience in C, C++, C#, or Java
- Capable of self-management and responsibly executing multiple tasks in accordance with priorities and deadlines
- Strong organizational and time management skills, possesses a sense of urgency
- Projects a professional image and demonstrates business acumen, driven to succeed
- TS/SCI Clearances are highly desirable
- Will be supporting ITAR initiatives
ALIGNING YOUR VALUES TO OUR SOLUTIONS
At Ansys, our diverse, collaborative teams give us the strength and insight to solve the world’s most challenging engineering problems. Our ONE Ansys culture has at its core:
- Customer Focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of Urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.