Website Siemens EDA
To solve the biggest challenges of our time, we need bright minds with the ambition to make the impossible possible. Siemens is your place to thrive, challenge the status quo, make a difference, and grow in a team of innovators who share your passion for tech. Siemens is a 90 billion (EU) revenue giant that attracts great talent and produces unique cyber activities. Are you ready to step into the Cyber big leagues?
We are looking for a Senior Threat Detection Analyst to be a part of our Cyber Defense Center for the Americas.
The Senior Threat Detection Analyst will be part of the Cyber Defense Center for the Americas (CDC), which is tasked with the primary mission to detect, analyze, investigate, and defend against sophisticated digital attacks.
In this position, the Senior Threat Detection Analyst will report to the Operations Manager for the Americas and be part of the Threat Detection and Analysis team. The Senior Threat Detection Analyst will work alongside peers and actively contribute to alert triage, investigations, and provide input to different approaches to threat detection and response.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Performing threat detection and analysis using multiple kinds of data sources.
- Reviewing adversaries’ tactics, techniques, procedures, and threat data to develop use-cases for attack detection.
- Cooperating with the infrastructure team to further develop the Cyber Defense Center detection capabilities.
- Supporting threat hunting using multiple kinds of data sources and develop detection analytics.
- Researching and simulate adversaries’ tactics, techniques, and procedures.
- Reviewing threat data from various sources, develop custom signatures and use-cases for attack detection.
- Participating in on-call Rotation – work hours may vary during critical adversary activity.
Your success is grounded in:
- University degree in computer science, IT security or related fields and cybersecurity certifications are a plus (GCIH, GCFA, GNFA, GCTI, GREM or similar)
- 5+ years professional experience in security monitoring/security operations center environment (SOC), investigating security events, handling incidents, threats and/or vulnerabilities.
- Solid understanding of enterprise detection & response, network traffic analysis and intrusion detection
- In-depth knowledge of operating system platforms and internals (Windows, Linux, and OSX)
- Proven knowledge of digital forensics and malware analysis
- Experience penetration testing / Red Teaming is appreciated.
- Good understanding of cyber security landscape, and TTPs.
- Working knowledge of SIEM platforms with experience in use case development
- Development skills (scripting or high-level programming languages)
- Proficient in written and spoken English combined with good interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants shall not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- As business permits, we offer a training program that will keep your skills in shape and extend them to stay ahead of our adversaries.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
We Offer you:
Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html
The pay range for this position is $79,900-$137,100. The actual wage offered may be lower or higher depending on budget and candidate experience, knowledge, skills, qualifications, and premium geographic location.
At Siemens, we value diversity as the inclusion of and collaboration of different thinking, background, experience, expertise and individual qualities across all organization levels and dimensions. We encourage and support our employees to develop their personal skills and strengths, regardless of gender identity, nationality, age, religious beliefs etc… We believe diversity strengthens our innovative capacity, unleashes the potential of Siemens’ employees, and thereby directly contributes to our business success.
We value your unique identity and perspective and are fully committed to providing equitable opportunities and building a workplace that reflects the diversity of society. Come bring your authentic self and create a better tomorrow with us.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.siemens.com.