Website Alphawave Semi
Alphawave Semi enables tomorrow’s future by accelerating the critical data communication at the heart of our digital world – from seamless video streaming to AI to the metaverse and much more. Our technology powers product innovation in the most data-demanding industries today, including data centers, networking, storage, artificial intelligence, 5G wireless infrastructure, and autonomous vehicles. Customers partner with us for mission-critical data communication, our innovative technologies, and our proven track record. Together, we enable the next generation of digital technology.
Our Custom Silicon Group (CSG) delivers industry leading ASICs using spec-to-Silicon expertise combined with our advanced design methodologies on leading-edge 3nm, 5nm, 7nm and 12nm foundry processes, and 2.5D packaging technology enable exciting new designs for Artificial Intelligence (AI), Hyperscale Data Centers, Storage, Data Networking, and High-Performance Computing (HPC).
We have a global presence with multiple development centers in North America, Europe, China, Taiwan, and India. To support our growth and expansion plans, we are seeking to hire qualified candidates to join some of the brightest and most innovative people in the world on a mission to deliver world-class SoC products and programs.
The Senior/Staff Engineer, Package Design & Assembly would be responsible for defining and designing silicon packages across Alphawave Semi’s product portfolios (Custom ASIC’s, IP, and Products). He/She will direct the package design process including conducting early route studies, creation of specifications, providing guidance for electrical analysis and supervision of production layouts. Job function also involves managing design schedules, conducting design reviews and guide in package tape out process and assembly operations – leading to release to production of custom silicon products.
What You’ll Do
- Lead custom ASIC & IP package development projects throughout the whole product lifecycle (Pre-Sales, Design through RTP & EOL), engaging both internal and external team members/customers to ensure requirements are properly captured and delivered.
- Interact with Sales team/Customers to select optimum package solutions to meet cost and performance targets.
- Provide Package expertise to cross-functional teams and work with Physical Design Engineers to define bump/pad-ring requirements such that substrate design & electrical characteristics (SI/PI) meet the performance objectives.
- Manage development activity with OSATs and support vendors to bring the product from NPI to mass production. Define Bill of Material (BOM) selection and process flow to meet thermal & mechanical requirements.· .
- Support sustaining engineering activities for production (yield improvement, process control, failure analysis, etc) as needed.
- Guide the company in developing & implementing Advanced Package technology (ex: Wafer-level, SiP, 2.5D, 3D, Chiplet, etc.) to increase density, bandwidth and device power, while keeping quality, reliability, DFM, & cost competitiveness in consideration.
What You’ll Need
- 10+ years of experience in semiconductor package design & development and manufacturing in with a successful track record of bringing products to High Volume.
- Experience with high-speed, high-power package designs required. Hands-on knowledge of substrate design tools and electrical modeling/extraction/simulation tools would be very beneficial.
- Capability to build strong partnerships with customers & vendors, and a broad understanding of assembly manufacturing.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit alphawave.wd10.myworkdayjobs.com.