Do you like a challenge, are you a complex thinker who likes to solve problems? If so, then you might be the new Altairian we are searching for. At Altair, your curiosity matters. We pride ourselves on a business culture that enables open, creative thinking, and we deeply value our employees and their contributions towards our clients’ success, as well as our own.
Altair seeks Software QA Engineers to validate enterprise web application platform UIs, GraphQL APIs designed in the latest cutting-edge technologies. Our platform leverages the latest and greatest in web components, K8s containerization, CI/CD, and agile development practices. The QA team works closely with Product Owners, Developers, and Development Operations to keep new code moving through the software development lifecycle efficiently, and with a keen eye for quality. Also, our QA team is constantly testing the latest and greatest in modern technologies in the ML Ops, data analytics, and data science industry.
The successful applicant for this position will play an important QA role in automating and testing Altair products in a multiplatform environment. In addition, you will work with other QA Engineers across Altair as part of our Quality Center of Excellence including Security Testing, Performance Testing, Automation and more.
As a member of the Quality Center of Excellence team, you will work closely with product management, software development and applications engineering teams. You must be driven by a desire to be efficient, collaborative, thoughtful and productive in a fast-paced environment of prolific engineers.
If our fast-paced and multi-disciplined department sounds right for you keep reading to see if your skills match our needs and apply with a resume and cover letter.
What you will do:
- Working closely with Program Management team to create a Validation / Testing Strategy for the product suite.
- Create/Review detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) & triage bugs
- Drive implementation and adoption of highly automated product certification testing integrated into our CI/CD processes
- Understanding customer use cases, diving deep into the software development, and developing QA approaches to measure confidence in the product
- Testing microservices using stubs, mocks and service virtualisation
- Manage automation framework, take ownership for design and development of web UI, web service API test automation scripts & organise test suites
- Report bugs by providing adequate steps needed to reproduce and identify a potential root cause (search the log files, use QA/Dev tools, etc)
- Analyse test results and track software testing metrics. Implement the right metrics, prepare, and present test reports
- Collaborate, communicate well across the QA team, and work with the cross functional teams to solve issues, move initiatives forward (Dev, DevOps, PM, Doc)
- Train, mentor and supervise junior software engineers as required
What makes you a great fit:
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or similar technical field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of related work experience
- Experience working on leading Test Automation tools and frameworks such as Nightwatch, Katalon Studio, Ranorex, Selenium.
- Experience testing on Windows/Linux environment. Have detailed knowledge of cross-platform software testing tools and environments
- Experience in testing cloud based SaaS products.
- Experience with QA Test Management Systems and assuring coverage against requirements for features and regression testing
- Experience with Container platforms – Docker, Kubernetes, and OpenShift
- Knowledge of tools like JIRA, Github, Git lab, Confluence, Browser developer tools etc
- Insight into how customers use software and the ability to use that knowledge to design better tests, identify more meaningful bugs and offer product ideas that add high value
- Ability to explore and adapt to new tools & technologies for better R&D efficiency and quality
- Self-motivated team player with strong problem solving, analytical and quality assurance skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to work effectively in a distributed team
- Understanding of Agile development practices
- Knowhow of Microservice Architecture
- Understanding of cloud native applications & its deployment
- Various test Automation frameworks and techniques
- Quick learner, self-motivated, and a strong team player
- Identifying gaps in automation testing, follows and is passionate for Automation First approach
How You Will Be Successful:
- Envision the Future
- Communicate Honestly and Broadly
- Seek Technology and Business “Firsts”
- Embrace Diversity and Take Risks
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit phh.tbe.taleo.net.