Our client in Torrance, CA is looking for a Senior Software Embedded Engineer. This is a contract position.
What You Will Do:
- Use best-practices, experience, & talents to develop software for embedded Linux-based charger products.
- Create high-level software design documentation for software being developed, based off requirements.
- Support software requirements elicitation for charger products, used for validation testing, etc.
- Develop unit and systems level SIL tests to ensure the highest code quality.
What You Will Need:
- Experience with developing C++ based applications on embedded Linux.
- Experience with web-based communication protocols, especially gRPC, WebSockets.
- Experience with common build system frameworks (e.g., Make CMake).
- Experience with CI/CD using GitLab or similar framework (Jenkins, Circle CI).
- Experience with bug tracking tools, preferably Jira.
- 4+ years software development experience with embedded Linux systems.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Embedded C.
- Embedded C++.
- Embedded Linux.
- IoT Software.
- Salary range: 118k – 166k annual.
- Experience with charging cloud protocol Open Charge Point Protocol (OCPP).
- Experience with charging protocols such as SAE 1772, DIN SPEC 70121, ISO 15118.
- Experience with Linux kernel drivers for hardware components.
- Experience with any RTOS (e.g., FreeRTOS, QNX, GreenHills, etc.).
- Experience with electric vehicle charging, power conversion and/or energy storage systems.
- Experience with designing software to meet functional safety (e.g., UL1998, ISO26262, ASPICE, etc.).
- DIN SPEC 70121.
- ISO 15118.
- ISO 26262.
- SAE 1772.
- UL 1995.
How You Will Be Successful:
- Envision the Future
- Communicate Honestly and Broadly
- Seek Technology and Business “First”
- Embrace Diversity and Take Risks
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discounts
- Free training on all Altair products
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit phh.tbe.taleo.net.