Job ID #: 18128
Job Category: Software Engineering
Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
Division: Development Solutions
Primary Country: UK
Primary Location: Manchester
Arm is seeking a highly motivated and creative Senior Software Engineer to join our Manchester-based development team to work on our state-of-the-art development tools.
What you will be involved with:
You will join the Development Solutions Group (DSG) in Manchester developing software for Arm Development Studio; a software tool suite that helps our partners’ engineers build innovative and energy efficient Arm powered products.
- As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work in our Agile team on the development of our Java and C++ based tools.
- Embedded within one of our teams, you will be involved in the full software development lifecycle, from working with our Product Manager to clarify requirements through to design, development and deployment of new features.
- Your primary role in the team will be to implement new features for Arm Development Studio and firmware for DSTREAM, our family of high performance debug and trace tools.
- You will help us improve the quality of our products by using recognised industry best practices such as Test Driven Development, working closely with our validation experts, and by building best-in-class test infrastructure.
Essential skills and experience:
- Java and/or C++ coding experience
- Experience of working in an Agile development environment
- Knowledge of common software development, continuous integration and test processes
- A high level of pro-activity and initiative
Desirable skills and experience:
The following is a selection of skills used across our projects. You do not need any of these to apply or succeed in your application – you shall have the opportunity to develop your skills in these areas:
- Python development skills
- Linux development skills
- Embedded systems development skills
- UX design
This position is situated in our Manchester office which hosts diverse teams from across Arm including debuggers, HPC tools, technical communications, DevOps infrastructure provision and open-source software development. The office is located in the heart of Manchester city centre allowing easy access to shops, restaurants and a bustling nightlife.
You will be expected to occasionally travel to other Arm offices, events and meet with our customers and partners.