PragmatIC is seeking an experienced Sensor Development Engineer to join its expanding R&D team in Sedgefield. Reporting to the Pathfinding Manager, the Senior Sensor Development Engineer will be responsible for leading and coordinating the development of PragmatIC’s sensor technology within the R&D team while working closely with external development partners, as well as PragmatIC’s design, test development, product and process integration groups.
- Shape and lead next generation sensor technology development projects.
- Day to day management, coordination and decision making related to development activities
- Day to day management of critical sensor technology development projects
- Dissemination of relevant summaries, reports, data sets and documentation to key stakeholders.
Qualifications and training
- Degree or post-graduate in Microelectronics, MEMS, Physics, materials science or another relevant discipline; or equivalent experience
Skills and experience
- Experience in the development of sensor systems, including sensor modelling, fabrication and characterisation
- Project management experience (advantage)
- In depth knowledge of thin film and semiconductor physics, technologies, characterisation techniques (advantage)
- In depth knowledge of sensor systems development, including modelling, fabrication and characterisation
- Strong background in microfabrication and metrology techniques including photolithography, dry and wet etching, PVD, CVD, ALD, SEM, AFM, ellipsometry, etc.
- Experience in DC and AC electrical tests and associated data analysis statistical methods and tools
- Knowledge and understanding of semiconductor fabrication techniques.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and progress multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal within team and external facing.
- Ability to work independently and part of a team
- Enthusiasm and pragmatism
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing team, during a very exciting period at the company.