The Senior R&D Engineer is responsible for the development of software products and supporting systems. In this role, the Senior R&D Engineer will use advanced technical and problem-solving skills to help the team tackle complex issues, satisfy customer requirements, and accomplish development objectives.
*Level 1 & 2 positions available. Experienced candidates welcome to apply. Final level of position will be dependent on education and experience.*
- Participates in planning, architecture, and research
- Performs complex development activities that may require extensive analysis in areas including user experience, software design and solver research
- Employs best practices and helps to maintain them through technical reviews and mentoring
- Performs complex bug verification, release testing and beta support for assigned products. Researches problems discovered by QA or product support and develops solutions
- Researches and understands the marketing requirements for a product, including target environment, performance criteria and competitive issues. May work with strategic customers or proxies to assess needs and develop solutions
- Works independently with minimal supervision and may take on some planning and mentoring responsibilities
- May be responsible for managing interns or co-ops but typically does not have direct reports
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field with 5 years’ experience, MS with 3 years’ experience, or PhD with 1 year experience
- Commercial experience with C/C++ and REST API.
- Prior experience developing with web/cloud-based technologies.
- Excellent technical knowledge and commercial experience with C/C++ or Java/J2EE
- Passion for crafting robust and efficient code
- Experience delivering high-quality products in a large-scale commercial software development environment
- Experience with client server architecture
- Experience with licensing technologies like FlexNet Publisher, FlexNet Embedded, or Sentinel RMS
- Network protocol and computer system knowledge
- Understanding of customer requirements and tools used in this domain.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and to collaborate with others in a geographically distributed team
ALIGNING YOUR VALUES TO OUR SOLUTIONS
At Ansys, our diverse, collaborative teams give us the strength and insight to solve the world’s most challenging engineering problems. Our ONE Ansys culture has at its core:
- Customer Focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of Urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.