Pragmatic has a new, exciting opportunity for an accomplished Senior Project Manager (with realistic fast-track to Programme Manager) to support both internal and external customers and clients. Based within the newly formed Enterprise PMO department, this strategic role will require a pragmatic Project Manager who can work across a multitude of business units, supporting and delivering a variety of different type of projects within the newly formed governance framework. The successful person will support the business in all cross programme and project management activities.
Playing a key role within the team that is driving the strategic future of the company at a global level, you will be joining at a time of positive change and growth as we establish ourselves as a global leader within the market. This role will ideally be suited to a project delivery professional who is excited by the proposition of working autonomously, within a variety of projects.
This position can be based anywhere within the UK but preferably close to the Northeast or the Cambridge area, as travel to company locations is required.
- Manage a series of projects that span one or multiple areas of the business
- Provide leadership for the project team and business area leads by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
- Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment for one major or several minor initiatives simultaneously
- Manage all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the overall programme is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives
- Report on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
- Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the organisation
- Prepare a detailed project plan for all phases of the project
- Manage the day-to-day project activities and resources and chair the project management team meetings
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across leadership
- Understand interdependencies between technology, operations and business needs
- Demonstrate a functional acumen to support how solutions will address client goals while maintaining alignment with industry best practices
- Manage project scope and changes
- Participate and/or drive feasibility studies, vendor selections and proposals for evaluation by appropriate key stakeholders
- Act as an internal quality control check for the project
- Develop and manage all aspects of project and program engagement from planning, external vendor relationships, communications, resources, budget, change, risks and issues
- Set and continually manage project and program expectations while delegating and managing deliverable with team members and stakeholders
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations to various audiences, including project team, sponsors, SLT and key stakeholders
- Deliver appropriate and effective executive level communication
- Ensure that projects and programmes are proceeding according to scope, schedule, budget and quality standards
- Continue professional development in order to keep abreast of emerging technologies, methods and best practices
- Extensive understanding of project and program management principles, methods and techniques
Qualifications and training
Candidates with PMP, APM Practitioner, MSP or Prince 2 Practitioner qualifications are preferred – however we will also consider applicants possessing equivalent experience.
Skills and experience
- Ideally experience from a technology, IT or engineering background
- Strong analytical capabilities and highly organised, with excellent relationship management skills.
- Experience in programme or project management and planning is essential
- Significant experience in a similar role with experience directly interacting with customers.
- Extensive project management skills and experience.
- Passionate about providing world class project and programme delivery
- Ambitious and excited to work with top-tier organisations across a wide range of industries, including many of the world’s biggest brands
- Interested in delivering cutting-edge solutions for a new marketplace
- Driven to excel in a fast-paced, client-facing environments in which it is essential to keep up to date with the rapidly developing trends in technology landscape
- Innovative and proactive
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills with high level stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and to deliver update reports.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven, experienced Project Manager to join a hugely ambitious company at a critical point in our journey.