About the team
You will join a multi skilled ring-fenced team focussed on developing GPU verification strategy & verification methodology. You will be working with a versatile pool of GPU engineers spread across multiple sites and help deliver next generation GPUs!
GPU verification methodology team is a cross site team who work with design & verification engineers to address critical verification challenges, make continuous improvements, identify & fix verification gaps to improve product quality & efficiency. We investigate new technologies, formulate methodology flows & infrastructure and work closely with engineering teams to help deploy it across projects and teams. We also partner with other methodology focussed teams inside Arm and EDA companies to define the effective verification techniques.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced verification engineer who has successfully verified complex designs using the latest verification techniques and is motivated to develop verification methodology. The position is based in Arm, Cambridge. You are motivated to root cause, investigate, evaluate & propose generic solutions. You will collaborate with methodology engineers and help promote, develop & support verification methodology.
Your day-to-day role could be many of the following – building test cases, architecting testbenches or solutions, working with engineers to understand the gaps in verification & propose solutions, learning from past bugs and improving verification, investigating new technologies, proposing solutions & deployment plans, detailing agreed standards, verifying for safety & security and supporting verification community to verify efficiently and above all deliver high quality IP. The role requires to multiplex between long term improvements & short-term delivery.
As a verification methodology engineer, you will also mentor junior engineers, on board new testbench developers, be part of code & whiteboard reviews and liaise with EDA vendors to make sure the tools and processes are in line with the needs of GPU team.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
You will require a proven track record with constrained-random verification including ownership of a suitably complex verification environment. Be comfortable using SystemVerilog, develop verification components and be familiar with tools and methods for developing test benches and finishing all aspects of the verification process. You are capable of developing verification flows to make the best use of EDA tools.
- Passion to tackle complex verification challenges
- Strong experience with SystemVerilog & C for verification of designs
- Experience of architecting and implementing functional verification environments for complex IP
- Experience developing re-usable and scalable code whilst having good knowledge of UVM
- Strong scripting skills (UNIX shell scripting & Python) – being able to develop scripts to support new flows
- You possess the ability to quickly understand and apply complex specification details and capable of owning all stages of a project to completion.
- Willingness to tackle varied and complex technical challenges
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well as part of a team as well as experience working and engaging with remote design centres
- GPU verification experience
- Knowledge of graphics principles
- Knowledge of C/C++ and good software principles
- Experience with formal verification.
- Experience with emulation flows
- System Verilog Assertions & formal verification
- Verification for Functional Safety & Security
- Experience on using & setup of Jenkins for CI/CD
- Willingness to travel to Arm sites within Europe
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.arm.com.