Job Description and Requirements
Join a growing team at Synopsys with challenging projects and responsibilities. Looking for a highly skilled lead DevOps engineer who can design, deploy, improve, and automate global IT infrastructure and application solutions in both on-prem data centers and the cloud to meet the requirements of 23,000 internal customers and collaborate with IT partner teams to deliver cutting-edge infrastructure services helping to boost engineering and business productivities.
- Develop and maintain automation tools and processes for building and managing IT infrastructure services as code, including provisioning, configuring, and deploying services and applications across both on-prem and cloud, including AWS, Azure, and GCP.
- Build, implement, and maintain continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines to automate software applications, AI products, and system configurations’ build, testing, and deployment.
- Automate workflows using Python, Jenkins, GIT, Ansible, and application APIs.
- Lead DevOps team and provide ongoing technical guidance and direction for scalable infrastructure demands.
- Collaborate with IT team members to identify areas for automation and implement solutions to streamline IT workflows and operational processes such as upgrades, patching, and migration with minimal service downtimes.
- Build solutions of monitoring and alerting systems for IT infrastructure to ensure high availability and performance of IT services.
- Lead the design and implementation of high availability, disaster recovery, and business continuity plans to ensure the availability of critical IT services.
- Lead the product evaluations, design & development of new features/enhancements, and continuous improvements in all areas of infrastructure service operations. Respond to mission-critical service issues to triage and resolve complex problems.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to provide world-class infrastructure services with high scalability, availability, and security. Completes projects as required with quality.
- Typically requires a bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, software engineering, or a related field, with 10+ years of related experience.
- Strong experience in Python programming and fully proficient in working with PowerShell and bash scripting.
- Strong knowledge of DevOps tools and technologies, including automation tools, configuration management tools, and containerization technologies such as Jenkins, GitLab, Ansible, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience with Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and AI technologies.
- Knowledge of SDLC and agile methodologies. Ability to apply test-driven development with security in mind.
- Experience in practicing infrastructure as code. Solid working experience with Linux/Windows configuration management, web application stack, and networking fundamentals.
- Experience with at least one major cloud platform, AWS, Azure, and GCP.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are required. Ability to create documentation for spec, design, and standard operation procedures.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a global IT team environment.
- Strong time management skills, ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and deliver results within deadlines.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
The base salary range across the U.S. for this role is between $130,000.00 – $227,000.00. In addition, this role may be eligible for an annual bonus, equity, and other discretionary bonuses. Synopsys offers comprehensive health, wellness, and financial benefits as part of a of a competitive total rewards package. The actual compensation offered will be based on a number of job-related factors, including location, skills, experience, and education. Your recruiter can share more specific details on the total rewards package upon request.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit sjobs.brassring.com.