This is an opportunity to join a dynamic and growing team of experienced engineers developing physical IP for industry-standard high-speed serial-link protocols. The successful candidate will ideally be a highly motivated self-starter who is able to work independently to complete assigned tasks and can also contribute to project leadership. It is expected that the candidate will contribute during all phases of firmware development for high speed SERDES from architecture development to implementation, verification, testing and customer deployment.
- Contribution during firmware architecture development and implementation of the defined firmware features.
- Working closely with verification team to debug and fix the FW issues found with verification simulations.
- Involvement during post-silicon testing and validation to identify any FW and HW related functionality and performance issues and implement any necessary FW improvements to address these issues.
- Interaction with Product Engineering, System Validation and Design team to debug IP issues in the field and provide hot fixes.
- Help to build system level prototype control software to develop/validate adaptation, equalization, and control algorithms for high speed SERDES.
- Implement assigned FW features and work closely with verification and validation team to ensure the functionality and robustness of the implemented features.
- Support of Validation team during electrical and system characterization.
- Assist in the documentation of firmware development processes, updates, and technical manuals.
- Support of Product Engineering team during customer deployment of the IP.
Specific desired skills:
- 1-3 years of experience in firmware development.
- Solid programming knowledge in C/C++ and Python
- Understanding of wireline communication principles
- Knowledge in mixed signal circuit design and digital signal processing techniques
- Experience using version control systems like Git
- Knowledge of communication protocols such as SPI, I2C, UART, etc.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- BSc or MSc in Electrical Engineering
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit cadence.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.