The Senior Director Deal Operations leads the Company’s Sales Order Operations, Deal Desk and Acquisition Operations teams across the globe. This position is responsible to define and execute a scalable and repeatable global order process focused on maximizing the effectiveness of both our business processes and supporting systems. Responsibilities also include transformation, governance, and execution of deal processes along with consistent collaboration with sales leadership and other cross-functional areas.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Define and execute a scalable and repeatable global order process focused on maximizing the effectiveness of both our business processes and supporting systems.
- Lead a business process optimization to ready Global Sales and Order Operations for the Company’s planned future CPQ evaluation and re-implementation.
- Lead the Global Deal Desk team, responsible for optimizing deal creation, execution, and developing best practices for fulfilling non-standard deals in the areas of deal process and deal structure.
- Drive a programmatic framework for customer buying programs and deal strategies to lead a repetitive deal construction and execution model.
- Responsible for the successful integration of acquisitions into the Ansys sales ecosystem. You will be leading both immediate transitions and evolutionary shifts to integrate global and go-to-market sales coverage, selling strategies, account level team integrations and sales processes.
- Develop and implement strategies for maximizing effectiveness including direct, indirect, overlay sales models and joint selling in partnerships
- Overall policy governance; ensures compliance in accordance with GAAP for all license types as well as classification of new and renewal sales.
- Collaborates and communicates with internal groups such as Legal, Finance and Business Operations on complex order situations.
- Manages and initiates renewal opportunities within the CRM including reconciliation activities for maximum renewal potential management.
- Meets regularly with supervisor/manager to review team objectives and individual goals.
- Coordinate with Sales Management to plan for month end and quarter end capacity.
- Implements and executes process activities necessary to support export compliance requirements.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- Education & Years of Experience: Bachelor’s degree in a business or engineering discipline with 10+ years of relevant experience in Sales, Sales Operations, Management Consulting, Finance or Program Management.
- Significant experience with global sales, sales operations, and / or marketing program management
- Extensive knowledge with business process optimizations
- 5+ years advanced Quote-to-Cash and Revenue Recognition Policies experience
- Excellent people management skills including resolving conflict, coaching and developing others, promoting teamwork, and performance management.
- Significant experience with complex sales agreements, partnerships and/or contracts
- Prior experience supporting a global Sales organization.
- Strong understanding of financial profitability concepts and measures (understanding the Company’s P&L)
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of simulation software industry
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to Ansys. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren’t posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren’t about rules and regulations. They can’t just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs – guideposts that we all follow when we’re facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.