Summary / Role Purpose
The Senior DevOps Engineer is responsible for the development of software products and supporting systems. In this role, the Senior DevOps Engineer will use advanced technical and problem-solving skills to design, develop, and deploy software applications for on-prem and cloud platforms using containerization technologies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in planning, architecture, and research around on-prem and cloud deployments.
- Performs complex development activities that may require extensive analysis in areas including user experience, software design and solver research.
- Collaborate with software engineering teams to design and create efficient, scalable, and maintainable containerized software solutions for on-prem and cloud deployments.
- Implement cloud deployment strategies using Kubernetes based environments, ensuring high availability, scalability, and security of applications.
- Monitor and troubleshoot cloud-based containerized applications, addressing performance issues and ensuring system stability.
- Collaborate with DevOps teams to implement CI/CD pipelines and streamline software release cycles in on-prem and cloud environments with Kubernetes.
- Works independently with minimal supervision and may take on some planning and mentoring responsibilities.
- May be responsible for managing interns or co-ops but typically does not have direct reports.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Quantitative Sciences with at least 5 years of commercial experience in software development using object-oriented languages like Python or command languages like Bash.
- Commercial experience with Docker images creation and optimization.
- Experience deploying and managing containerized applications in on-prem and/or cloud environments using Kubernetes.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent technical knowledge and commercial experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience delivering pipelines in environments such as GitHub Enterprise Cloud, Azure DevOps Server and Services.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot complex issues in cloud and on-prem environments.
- Familiarity with reverse proxies, load balancers and API gateway tools, as well as with infrastructure-as-code (IaC) tools like Terraform or CloudFormation.
- Certifications in relevant cloud technologies such as AWS Certified Developer, Azure Developer Associate, or Google Cloud Certified.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.