Our client in Tustin, CA is looking for a Senior Design Release Engineer (EDS). This is a contract position.
What You Will Do:
- Design responsible for all Electrical Distribution Systems (EDS) inside the High Voltage Distribution Box (HVDB) including harnesses, busbars, and electronics.
- Incorporate schematic, space constraints, and best practices into CAD models.
- Create clear and detailed drawings that will ensure high quality and reliability.
- Communicate with vehicle harness team to stay up to date on proper design methods.
- Run Product Development Team (PDT) meetings with suppliers to track issues, revisions, and part delivery.
- Track cost/mass/timing status for components and continuously improve these metrics.
- Drive issues to resolution through problem solving techniques (containment, root cause, corrective actions, etc.).
- Create Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (DFMEA) and Design Verification Plan (DVP).
- Support manufacturing build trials and incorporate Design for Manufacturing (DFM) feedback.
What You Will Need:
- 2+ years of work experience in harness design, ideally for automotive applications.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline.
- Strong understanding of wire routing best practices.
- Hands on harness fabrication skills for reworks and prototype builds.
- Passion for working on products that involve the intersection of mechanical, electrical, and software engineering.
- Strong communication, multitasking, and interpersonal skills, both in presentation and technical writing.
- Excellent problem-solving skills; reliant on engineering fundamentals.
- Self starter, must be willing to run to and seek out issues.
- Knowledge of battery behavior and high voltage safety.
- A positive attitude towards change.
- Salary range: 105k – 140k annual.
- Experience with Capital Harness.
- Experience with Catia V6 (3d experience).
- Previous experience with product launches and production schedules.
How You Will Be Successful:
- Envision the Future
- Communicate Honestly and Broadly
- Seek Technology and Business “First”
- Embrace Diversity and Take Risks
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discounts
- Free training on all Altair products
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit phh.tbe.taleo.net.