Do you want to experience the excitement of playing computer games on a graphics processor (GPU) that you have designed yourself? Then this is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced hardware design engineer to join the GPU Hardware Design Team and help us design the GPUs powering the devices of tomorrow!
If you are a forward-thinking, dedicated, creative and self-going individual that loves analysis and problem solving then we are keen to hear from you!
Arm’s GPU Design Team is responsible for developing the Mali™ range of graphics processors. Mali™ is the most sold GPU in the world and a team of diverse, highly motivated and creative engineers are dreaming up improvements and technology that will make our innovative GPU even better.
In this inventive role, you get to put your technical skills and creativity to the test while working on micro architecture development, design and optimization of GPUs that will run graphics, compute, machine learning and AI workloads at blistering speeds within a fixed energy and area budget. How cool is that?
What will I be accountable for?
• You will derive specifications from architecture requirements.
• You will specify, design and optimise complex blocks for use across multiple generations of GPUs.
• You will deliver IP blocks on time whilst meeting PPA targets.
• You will take technical leadership for a block within the GPU.
• You will have proven experience of RTL design for GPUs, CPUs or DSP.
• Broad project experience where you have owned and carried out design and implementation of complex units or sub-systems, from specification to design sign-off.
• You can do metric driven design space exploration, including the knowledge of how to evaluate and compare different solutions and pick the one that is the best trade-off between power, performance and area requirements of the product
• You have the ability to work with a high level of independence and schedule own work and tasks.
• You communicate effectively in spoken and written English
• You should have experience with high level programming in languages such as C/C++.
• It is an advantage if you have knowledge of verification techniques.
• It is great if you happen to be familiar with functional safety aspects of design and verification, including knowledge of ISO 26262.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.arm.com.