Quadric has created an innovative general purpose neural processing unit (GPNPU) architecture. Quadric’s co-optimized software and hardware is targeted to run neural network (NN) inference workloads in a wide variety of edge and endpoint devices, ranging from battery operated smart-sensor systems to high-performance automotive or autonomous vehicle systems. Unlike other NPUs or neural network accelerators in the industry today that can only accelerate a portion of a machine learning graph, the Quadric GPNPU executes both NN graph code and conventional C++ DSP and control code.
If making an impact and having a seat at the table is important to you, this is the opportunity for you. Join our small, rapidly-growing team at Quadric to develop supercomputer technology designed for the Edge. In this position, you will be a core member of our team, and will have an opportunity to grow in the company of expert technologists who also happen to be good people you’ll want to spend time with.
What We Value:
Integrity, Humility, Happiness
What We Expect:
Initiative, Collaboration, Completion
As a senior member of our Compiler team, you will be tasked with optimizing the performance of code running on the Quadric processor. You will be responsible for implementing required support of new processor architectural features. Additionally, you will be supporting internal/external customers.
- Enhance the development of Quadric’s LLVM compiler
- Collaborate on developing the programming model for Quadric’s high-performance computing platform
- Collaborate with the hardware design team to co-optimize compiler strategy with hardware architecture
- Build custom front-end and back-end LLVM passes
- MS or PhD in Computer Science with a minimum of five years of compiler experience
- Proficiency in C++ > 11
- Experience with LLVM or GCC codebase
- Strong background in graphs and related algorithms
- Knowledge of front-end and back-end compiler techniques
Nice to haves:
- Experience in compiler strategies for data parallel processors such as GPUs, DSPs
- Knowledge of end-to-end toolchain, including compilers, linkers & debuggers
Expected Outcomes in 12 months:
- Successfully support the development process across the Engineering team
- Optimize code generation to increase the performance of code running on the Quadric processor
- Provide competitive salaries and meaningful equity
- Provide a politics free community for the brilliant minds who want to make an immediate impact
- Provide an opportunity for you to build long term career relationships
- Foster an environment that allows for lasting personal relationships alongside professional ones
Founded in 2016 and based in downtown Burlingame, California, Quadric is building the world’s first supercomputer designed for the real-time needs of edge devices. Quadric aims to empower developers in every industry with superpowers to create tomorrow’s technology, today. The company was co-founded by technologists from MIT and Carnegie Mellon, who were previously the technical co-founders of the Bitcoin computing company 21.
Quadric is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, or disability.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit apply.workable.com.