ARM is looking for engineers to join our hardware applications engineering team based in Hsinchu, Taiwan. We provide the front-line technical support and training to customers worldwide, developing the latest products using ARM CPU and System Component IP.
In this role you would have a multifaceted work and be fault finding problems with customer designs based on ARM CPU & system IP, replicating issues using simulations and test benches. Once your knowledge has established, you would be visiting customer’s sites to deliver technical training courses to their development teams, whilst also providing reviews and advice on their system designs. You will also be responsible for helping to improve our products and facilitate our partners to embrace new technology. You will raise defects against development tools and documentation, review documentation and periodically write application notes, example source code and knowledge base articles.
- Provide fast and accurate answers to customer questions about ARM CPU & system hardware IP
- Develop and deliver customer training courses on CPU & System IP, both on site and remotely.
- Test IP deliverables and provide feedback to design team prior to release to customers.
- Perform customer SOC design reviews using ARM IP and provide functionality and optimisation recommendations.
- Build and modify web-based knowledgebase articles and application notes.
- Review documentation for hardware IP deliverables and provide improvement recommendations to the technical authors.
- Develop tools and techniques to aid Application Engineers find solutions more efficiently.
Required Skills and Experience :
- BSc, MSc or PhD degree qualification in Electronics/Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Proven experience using HDL such as Verilog, VHDL and System Verilog.
- Understanding of CPU architectures and SoC design principles.
- Experience in using RTL simulation tools for debugging purposes.
- Ability to learn and communicate IP product features and their interaction with the rest of the SoC
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience :
- Knowledge of STA and SoC implementation principles
- Confirmed SoC-level design and/or verification experience
- Knowledge of the Arm Architecture
- Knowledge of one or more on-chip communication protocols (e.g. AMBA)
- Experience with delivering technical training
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proficient in spoken English
You will be working with a bunch of enthusiastic and brilliant colleagues. At Arm, we are proud to have a set of behaviours that reflect our DEI (Diversity, Equity & Inclusion) culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to shape extraordinary! These behaviours are assessed as part of the recruitment process: We not I, Passion for progress, Be your brilliant self.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.arm.com.