Summary / Role Purpose
Join the Ansys Customer Excellence team to partner with our customers to engineer what’s ahead, solve their real-world engineering problems, deploy Ansys software in their design workflows, and grow Ansys’ business. As a hands-on subject matter expert, you will use expert-level engineering knowledge to provide technical pre-sales support, perform professional services, and help translate customer requirements into exciting new product features. You will be working within multi-disciplinary teams to create pervasive simulation solutions, advance your industry knowledge, and grow the business impact.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead in coordinating and executing all technical activities throughout the sales opportunity lifecycle such as technical discovery, negotiate technical success criteria, product presentations, demonstrations, and evaluations. Work independently within multi-disciplinary teams
- Apply advanced engineering expertise and knowledge of Photonics simulation techniques to provide the highest level of technical support to customers and channel partners, ensuring high-quality, timely customer service that results in improved customer satisfaction and productivity.
- Interact with customers to understand their product design needs and engineering design workflows; analyze how to address customers’ requirements using Ansys products and platform, articulate Ansys’ value proposition.
- Work independently to analyze technical needs, requirements, and state of a customers’ current infrastructure, operations, and engineering workflows.
- Develop competence as a subject matter expert and industry expert.
- Collaborate with the Ansys product development teams to translate customer requirements into exciting new product features; test new releases of Ansys products on industrial problems, develop application best practices.
- Participate in internal corporate initiatives to further enhance the solution suites, presales/sales enablement and professional growth; actively participate in the development and mentoring of team members.
- Support Ansys field and digital marketing, author conference presentations
- Contribute to consulting services, conduct introductory and/or intermediate training classes.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- Master’s degree in engineering, Applied Math, Computer Sciences, Physics or relevant field
- Required minimum years of professional experience in Photonic/ Optical engineering software environment: MS+3, or PhD+0
- 2+ years of Hands-on experience on designing components and running circuit level simulations using Ansys Lumerical tools or other commercial nanophotonic/ optical solvers.
- 2+ years of professional experience in integrated photonics for high tech or FA&D industries
- Logical problem-solving, strong interpersonal and communication skills, fluent in writing and speaking English.
- Strong organizational and time management skills possess a sense of urgency.
- Projects a professional image and demonstrates business acumen, driven to succeed.
- Ability to travel domestically up to 25% of time
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Preferred education and years of professional experience in an engineering software environment: MS+6, or PhD+3
- Experience with semiconductor physics, charge transport effects and coupling of optical, electrical, and thermal effects, and simulation/modelling of optoelectronic devices such as different types of lasers, detectors, and modulators.
- 2 years of experience in application engineering, customer support, or consulting services type customer facing roles using engineering software
- Ability to interact effectively with senior business managers and C-level executives
- Familiarity with Python and Matlab
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.