Summary / Role Purpose
You will be joining a team with extensive experience with Ansys LS-DYNA including applications in Aerospace & Defense (A&D). As an Application Engineer in the team, you will be responsible for helping drive new growth and adoption of Ansys LS-DYNA and related Ansys products within key customer accounts in the Aerospace and Defense industries (A&D). The role includes:
-Working with key customers and channel partners to provide technical solutions using LS-DYNA to fulfill customers’ simulation needs including troubleshooting.
-Supporting sales by giving presentations, creating demonstration models, training, etc.
-As part of the team, work with the development of simulation best practices, benchmarking, and feedback for improvement of the software.
Ansys LS-DYNA is a leading software for simulation of transient non-linear structural analysis including crash, shock, blast, fracture, penetration, and other phenomena with applications in the A&D industry.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Interact with customers to understand their engineering needs
- Analyze how to address customers’ requirements using Ansys products and platform
- Articulate Ansys’ value proposition
- Contribute to mentoring services
- Develop simulation best practices, solutions, FAQs for knowledge base
- Composition and presentation of technical reports to customers
- Conception and execution of training classes
- Works independently and take on some planning and mentoring responsibilities
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- English Citizenship
- University degree in Mechanical/Civil Engineering or related field
- MSc and 2 years of work experience
- Interest to work with the defense industry
- Experience with relevant FEA software, e.g. LS-DYNA or similar software
- Ability to independently prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Willingness to travel 20% of your time
- Fluent in English
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- MSc+3 years experience or PhD
- Experience with LS-DYNA or other code for impact and penetration simulation
- Extensive knowledge in finite element theory
- Experience in python programing
- Work experience in Linux environment and HPC
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.