Summary / Role Purpose:
The Senior Application Engineer is responsible for leveraging domain engineering knowledge and relationships to help customers solve complex engineering problems using Ansys computational fluid dynamics (CFD) software products to improve customers’ productivity, their satisfaction with Ansys simulation products and make a significant impact on Ansys software revenue.
The role encompasses identifying customers’ key challenges and providing simulation-based technical solutions to our customers, engaging in presale activities to support sales campaigns, scoping and delivering professional services to support software growth, and helping translate customer requirements into exciting new product features.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply advanced engineering knowledge and expertise in CFD simulation techniques to provide the highest level of technical support to customers and channel partners, ensuring high-quality and timely customer service.
- Own the customer’s problems and proactively engage with selected accounts to provide comprehensive solutions. Work independently and contribute to all technical activities throughout the sales opportunity lifecycle, interact with customers to understand their business needs, product design needs, and engineering design workflows, and articulate Ansys’ value proposition.
- Instruct introductory, intermediate, and/or advanced training classes. Scope and deliver professional services for projects which might include collaborative work with other field engineers in the same or different disciplines.
- Gather customer requirements and trends to support the improvement of Ansys software and collaborate with the Ansys product development teams to translate customer requirements into new product capabilities. Test new releases on industrial problems.
- Participates in internal corporate initiatives to share knowledge and create best practices, solutions, and FAQs for the knowledge base inside the discipline and cross-disciplines. Actively participate in the development and mentoring of team members.
- Continue to acquire engineering knowledge and domain expertise.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- Required education and degree type: Masters or Ph.D. in Mechanical, Energy, Auto-motive or Aerospace engineering or related field. Prefer to power battery, Fuel cell, motor background/experience.
- Required minimum years of professional experience in relevant engineering domain: 5 years for Masters and 3 years for PhD
- Expert-level knowledge of Fluid dynamics, Heat transfer and Thermodynamics, FSI multiphysics
- Possesses subject matter expertise in one or more relevant disciplines within Ansys’ business that can be leveraged by other Ansys engineers
- Demonstrated use of relevant ANSYS software or knowledge of other commercial CAE software packages in solving industry-level problems
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to facilitate and conduct webinars and presentations to customers
- Demonstrated skills in writing and presenting in fluent English
- Logical problem-solving approach and the ability to clearly communicate the situation and proposed solution to the customer
- Projects a professional image and strong business acumen during customer interactions
- Possesses a sense of urgency, strong organizational and follow up skills
- Ability to travel up to 50% of time
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- MS or PhD degree preferred
- Preferred professional experience in relevant engineering domain of 8 years for Masters or 5 years for PhD
- Experiences within handling turbo applications; Fluid-structure interface simulations; Implementation of data plus physics models; or Implementing process integration and Design optimization would be plus
- Experience of using Ansys tools, like Ansys Workbench, Ansys Fluent, and Ansys CFX, is preferred
- Flexibility to learn new physics areas quickly and deploy simulation-based solutions
- Ability to interact effectively with senior business, engineering managers and/or C-level executives
- Knowledge of scripting languages like C, C++, and Python is a plus
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.