Summary / Role Purpose
Join the Ansys Customer Excellence team to partner with our customers to engineer what’s ahead, solve their real-world engineering problems, deploy Ansys software in their design workflows, and grow Ansys’ business. As a hands-on expert in Ansys products, you will use advanced-level engineering knowledge to provide technical pre-sales support, perform professional services, and help translate customer requirements into exciting new product features. You will be working within Low Frequency Electromagnetics and Electrification team to advance your knowledge, experience, and business impact.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead/Assist in coordinating and executing all technical activities throughout the sales opportunity lifecycle such as technical discovery, product presentations, demonstrations, and evaluations.
- Responsible for providing best in class simulation solutions to the customers for applications involving electric machines, power electronics design, actuators, and transformers for their electromagnetic performance.
- Understand, adopt, and implement new age product development methodologies such as virtual validation, MBSE and Machine Learning
- Establish virtual product development workflows using advanced simulation methodologies like Model order reduction, control integration and validation, Process integration and design optimization etc.
- Work with cross disciplinary teams to establish Multiphysics simulation workflows as well as system performance analysis.
- Establish advanced simulation technologies in the field of electrification to enable simulation driven component development and sub-system/system validation.
- Collaborate with customers on their development and validation challenges to accelerate the overall product development through simulation.
- Participate in external and internal events to further enhance Electromagnetic simulation solutions, marketing, and professional growth.
- As a product expert with one or more Ansys products, interact with customers to understand their product design needs and engineering design workflows; analyze how to address customers’ requirements using Ansys products and platform; articulate Ansys’ value proposition.
- Collaborate with the Ansys product development teams to translate customer requirements into exciting new product features; test new releases of Ansys products on industrial problems.
- Support Ansys field and digital marketing
- Contribute to consulting services, conduct introductory and/or intermediate training classes.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- Required education and degree type: BS or MS in Electrical/Electronic engineering with 6 years of experience in electromagnetics simulation for low frequency applications.
- In depth understanding of fundamentals related to electromagnetic field theory, power electronics, electric machines is essential
- Experience with using Ansys Maxwell, Ansys MotorCAD, Ansys TwinBuilder , Ansys Q3D Extractor or other simulation software involving real world, industry level applications
- Experience on system simulation for Automotive using 1D simulation environment such as MathWorks, Dymola, GT Suite, etc.
- Understanding of principles of control development, validation and testing through model-in-loop or hardware-in-loop for electric machines or power electronics
- Logical problem-solving, strong interpersonal and communication skills, fluent in writing and speaking English.
- Strong organizational and time management skills possess a sense of urgency.
- Projects a professional image and demonstrates business acumen, driven to succeed.
- Ability to travel domestically up to 25% of the time.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Deep understanding of different industry trends, technologies, engineering environment, product design complexity, development challenges etc.
- Ability to understand customer requirements and generate requirements document.
- Flexibility and adaptability to learn and understand new technologies.
- Ability to research and debug software-related issues
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.