Summary / Role Purpose
Join the Ansys Customer Excellence team to partner with our customers to engineer what’s ahead, solve their real-world engineering problems, deploy Ansys software in their design workflows, and grow Ansys’ business. As a hands-on subject matter expert, you will use expert-level engineering knowledge to provide technical pre-sales support, perform professional services, and help translate customer requirements into exciting new product features. You will be working within multi-disciplinary teams to create pervasive simulation solutions, advance your industry knowledge, and grow the business impact.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead in coordinating and executing all technical activities throughout the sales opportunity lifecycle such as technical discovery, negotiate technical success criteria, product presentations, demonstrations, and evaluations. Work independently within multi-disciplinary teams
- Interact with customers to understand their product design needs and engineering design workflows; analyze how to address customers’ requirements using Ansys products and platform, articulate Ansys’ value proposition
- Assist in creating differentiating simulation solutions using the Ansys platform and products; deploy the solutions within customers’ design workflows
- Develop competence as a subject matter expert and industry expert
- Collaborate with the Ansys product development teams to translate customer requirements into exciting new product features; test new releases of Ansys products on industrial problems, develop application best practices
- Support Ansys field and digital marketing, author conference presentations
- Contribute to consulting services, conduct introductory and/or intermediate training classes
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- Required education and degree type: BS or MS or PhD in Mechanical/Aerospace/Civil Engineering or related field
- Required minimum years of professional experience in an engineering software environment: BS+5, MS+3, or PhD+0
- Demonstrated use of relevant Ansys software or knowledge of other commercial CAE, CAD, EDA, PLM software packages
- Subject matter expert in one or more relevant disciplines within Ansys’ business and is/will be sought out for advice by other Ansys engineers
- Logical problem-solving, strong interpersonal and communication skills, fluent in writing and speaking English
- Strong organizational and time management skills, possesses a sense of urgency
- Projects a professional image and demonstrates business acumen, driven to succeed
- Experience in industrial best practices of using CAE and model maturity criteria and implications
- Strong practical experience and expertise in computational mechanics such as material modeling, manufacturing process modeling or failure simulation
- Demonstrated expertise in implicit or explicit integration techniques for solids.
- Familiarity with latest industrial trends such as sustainability, model-based engineering, ICME (Integrated Computational Materials Engineering), manufacturing simulation, and CAE process compression and solution
- Hands-on experience and passion towards programming and coding for automation, algorithm implementation or GUI in simulation technology and manufacturing process simulation and modeling
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Preferred education and years of professional experience in an engineering software environment: BS+8, MS+6, or PhD+3
- 2 years of experience in aerospace or automotive industry
- Ability to interact effectively with senior business managers and C-level executives
- Ability to travel domestically up to 25% of time
- Experience in incorporation of in simulation engineering standard work
- Experience with using ML techniques to optimize and estimate parameters for generative design optimization and parameter estimation.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.