Location: Leamington Spa
Contract Type: Permanent
Reporting Line: Technical Support Manager / Team Leader
Work Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Who We Are
Altair is leading the global convergence evolution toward smart, connected everything by delivering ground-breaking solutions in data analytics, simulation, high-performance computing, and smart connected products (IoT).
You will find a different culture at Altair in the way we work, how we interact and the collaborative approach we bring to projects. We pride ourselves on a business culture that enables open, creative thinking, and we deeply value our employees and their contributions towards our clients’ success, as well as our own. Your ideas are heard, your efforts are visible and your work impacts company growth. Communication is open and teamwork is encouraged.
What You Will Do
Work with Altair’s existing and prospective clients to solve problems, create value, improve growth, and maximise business efficiency and profitability through the implementation of Altair’s CAE product offering.
- Work closely with the Sales Team throughout the sales cycle and execute customer meetings, product presentations, demonstrations, and evaluations
- Use technical product knowledge to identify customer pain points, analyse technical needs, understand customer’s current infrastructure and engineering workflows
- Create and deliver compelling demonstration of Altair’s solutions to add value to a customer’s business
- Work with Sales and Marketing teams to produce technical content
- Provide customers with training on Altair’s products
- Stay current with the latest software releases and work with the software team to help guide future product development
- Build valuable and long-lasting relationships with Altair’s existing and future clients
- Work across various teams to develop new ideas to solve complex business problems
What You Will Need
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or other technical discipline
- UK Driving license
- A minimum of 3 years of experience using CAE/CFD tools in an engineering environment
- Experience with using Altair HyperWorks, OptiStruct, RADIOSS, or other CAE/CFD simulation software involving real world, industry level applications.
- Logical problem-solving approach and the ability to clearly communicate the situation and proposed solution to the customer
- Familiarity with numerical solution techniques such as Finite Element Analysis
- Willingness and ability to travel to customer sites
- Masters or PhD degree a plus
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in an engineering software environment is a plus
- Experience with programming languages (TCL/Python or similar)
- Professional image and strong business acumen
- Commercial awareness & attention to detail
- Logical problem-solving skills, ability to demonstrate solutions coherently
- Excellent interpersonal and teamworking skills
- Good oral and written communication skills in fluent English
- Self-motivation and strong organizational skills
In addition to job duties as an Applications Engineer, Team Leaders will manage and lead a team of employees to promote Altair’s values, encourage and develop staff, improve team knowledge and performance, and ensure quality and consistency of work across the team.
- Coach staff to identify areas of improvement and encourage staff to improve and develop to meet both their own and the company’s targets
- Work closely with team members to communicate company goals and identify areas for new training and skills development
- Answer team member questions, help with team member problems, and oversee team members work for quality and consistency
- Communicate regularly with management and identify and implement strategies to improve team performance and support with staff hiring and training
- Ensure deadlines and sales goals are communicated effectively to team members
- Conduct regular team meetings to update members on best practices and to ensure continued development of the team
- Promote team feedback and address issues in a timely manner to develop an environment that embraces change and improvements within the team
- Encourage proactivity within the team and enable team members to push boundaries of technology, explore new challenges, and implement new methodologies and workflows within the business
How You Will Be Successful:
- Envision the Future
- Communicate Honestly and Broadly
- Seek Technology and Business “Firsts”
- Embrace Diversity and Take Risks
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary on offer (flexible dependent on experience of candidate).
- Discretionary profit share bonus of target 10% of base salary dependent on function performance.
- 25 days annual leave entitlement plus local bank holidays and 3 days Christmas shutdown
- Competitive benefits package post-probationary period including but not limited to:
- Comprehensive pension scheme with enhanced employer contribution – 10%.
- Monthly gym membership for self
- Health Insurance for self and family
- Optical/Dental Cashplan for self and spouse
- Life Insurance at 4x salary benefit
- Competitive Profit Share Bonus (discretionary dependent on function profit and performance)
- Income protection and comprehensive sick pay cover/enhanced statutory schemes
- Regular team rewards including team building events/dinners/activities. Company breakfasts/fresh fruit and biscuits daily
- Training and development opportunities
- Additional Charity Day for each employee
- Eligibility for our Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Why Work with Us:
Altair is a global technology company that provides software and cloud solutions in the areas of data analytics, product development, and high-performance computing (HPC). Altair enables organizations in nearly every industry to compete more effectively in a connected world, while creating a more sustainable future. With more than 3,000 engineers, scientists and creative thinkers in 25 countries, we help solve our customer’s toughest challenges and deliver unparalleled service, helping the innovators innovate, drive better decisions, and turn today’s problems into tomorrow’s opportunities.
Our vision is to transform customer decision making with data analytics, simulation, and high-performance computing.
For more than 30 years, we have been helping our customers integrate electronics and controls with mechanical design to expand product value, develop AI, simulation and data-driven digital twins to drive better decisions, and deliver advanced HPC and cloud solutions to support unlimited idea exploration. To learn more, please visit altair.com .
Ready to go? #ONLYFORWARD
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit phh.tbe.taleo.net.