Summary / Role Purpose
The Senior Application Engineer engages in pre-sales, post-sales, training and consulting activities to simulate complex mechanical engineering problems for customers using ANSYS software products. As an expert user of ANSYS Fluids software products, the role also supports and trains application engineers and sales representatives in the use of the ANSYS Solution and helps key-customers in the proper usage of ANSYS Workbench, ANSYS Fluent, CFX and related software tools in order to improve customers’ productivity and satisfaction with ANSYS simulation products.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform consulting activities in complex mechanical engineering problems using ANSYS Inc. software products or other commercial CAE software.
- Demonstrate the value of the ANSYS vision and software to sales prospects through collaboration with direct and indirect Sales in order to grow sales volume in existing markets.
- Train customers on the usage of ANSYS simulation products to increase their proficiency, independence, and success in simulating engineering problems with ANSYS software.
- Consistently improve our understanding of our customers’ workflow and technical needs and communicate new opportunities and risks to Sales; proactively work to grow the software usage by demonstrating new solutions based on the ANSYS vision and software.
- Creating and presenting software demonstrations in order to assist with the software sales process., creating and demonstrating novel simulation solutions to streamline existing workflows,
- Teaching introductory and/or advanced training classes on the usage of ANSYS simulation products is will be welcome
- Collaborate with Product Development to improve ANSYS software products and the customers’ experience using these products
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- Ph.D. or M.Sc. in mechanical engineering (CFD-Oriented), aerospace engineering (CFD-Oriented)
- A minimum of 7 years of industrial experience
- Expert-level knowledge of CFD, multi-phase flow modeling, turbo machinery, design optimization and multi-physics
- Use of ANSYS Workbench, ANSYS CFD, ANSYS CFX and related software packages
- Star CCM+, CFD-ACE, SC/Tetra, ANSA use experience will be welcome definitely
- Practical work experiences in design, physical test, product development is an advantage
- Ability to work independently, as well as with others in a diverse team environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects and to communicate effectively with customers
- Problem solving skills and ability to create engineering solutions to customer problems
- Fluent in written and spoken English
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of other commercial CAE, CAD software packages or model-based simulation (Simplorer, Amesim,Simulink,etc) is a plus
- Work is performed in a general office environment
- Should be able to work on the phone and computer for an extended period of time. Some travelling will be required
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.