Website Siemens EDA
Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
At Siemens Healthineers, We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as a Senior Accountant- Principles and Methods. This will be a hybrid role based out of our Malvern, PA office.
Our global team: We are a team of more than 68,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success. Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/careers.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Senior Accountant- Principles and Methods, you will be responsible to:
- Review leasing and other contracts in close coordination with relevant key business contacts and related accounting in line with Siemens Financial Reporting Guidelines (FRGs) / International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Review of venture capital investments in line with relevant IFRS
- Draft accounting position / white papers for new accounting pronouncements and ensure that existing policies reflect current accounting guidance
- Advise management on complex accounting topics including asset impairment reviews
- Key role player, both from accounting and project management perspective, in implementation of new IFRS requirements and other AC projects e.g. new acquisitions, AC system integration
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Analyze, prepare and/or support periodic reporting and review various account reconciliations
- Review and/or process entries in accordance with IFRS/GAAP requirements
- Support financial statements closing process
- Support Internal and external audit teams including RIC
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- At least bachelor’s degree in related discipline
- Professional certification e.g., CPA preferred
- 8+ years of public and/or industry accounting experience that includes working in technical accounting groups or a combination of experience, education or certifications IFRS/GAAP knowledge with ability to write well-reasoned position papers
- Proficient in ERP e.g., SAP and in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Excellent verbal, written communications, and interpersonal skills
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.siemens.com.