PQShield is a spinout from the University of Oxford specialising in post-quantum cryptography and cybersecurity. Our mission is to innovate and create solutions for the world’s most imminent security challenge: quantum computers. Our cryptosystems will ensure unparalleled internet security and data protection on a global scale across several industries – keeping us all safe as quantum computing technology develops.
Headquartered in Oxford, with additional teams across the UK and in the Netherlands, France, Belgium and the US, our quantum-secure cryptographic solutions work with companies’ legacy systems to protect devices and sensitive data now and for years to come. We are well-funded and VC backed, having recently closed our $20m series A funding round.
PQShield is a highly innovative deep tech company that considers our people to be our most important assets, and so our core value is to provide them with a work environment that promotes personal and professional growth. Hard work and loyalty are always met with acknowledgement, appreciation, and reward. We promote openness and flexibility, resulting in a friendly, family like environment.
Our corporate social responsibility centres around making sure our products are used in a constructive and positive way – we would like to think that our products will contribute to the greater good rather than be just another money-making commodity.
About the role
We’re looking for a Senior Account Executive with experience selling hardware IP and/or cybersecurity solutions to Semiconductor companies in North America to join our team. Help us solve real-world problems whilst safeguarding corporations, governments and all the people associated against the quantum threat. Your primary focus will be selling to Semiconductor companies in North America, but you will also have responsibility for sales to IoT, Industrial Automation, Security OEMs and to Telecom and Enterprise customers in the Western US.
As PQShield is an early stage company, this role will focus on identifying prospects, driving engagement and building relationships with new prospects, resulting in significant bookings with new customers. This role is focused on selling to large organizations and developing long term engagements with those companies.
This role is at an early stage in the commercial development of PQShield, expanding on our world-class engineering team, and is an exciting opportunity to experience a global growth journey. You’ll be working directly with the management team as part of a constantly evolving commercial team.
We need an experienced salesperson who has a consultative sales approach, a successful track record of hunting, growing and onboarding clients – with polished presentation skills and the ability to ramp up quickly on sophisticated technology.
What you’ll be doing
- Identifying strategic accounts, identifying key individuals, researching and obtaining business
requirements and presenting solutions to start the sales cycle.
- Following up on inbound marketing leads and identifying qualified opportunities, providing
appropriate levels of information at the right time for interested prospects.
- Identifying the steps necessary to close opportunities, and work with the management team to
bring those customers on board quickly and with a win-win commercial relationship.
- Providing clear feedback from customers and prospects to the management team to help
evolve messaging and product positioning.
- Ensuring that the management team is frequently engaged with prospects.
- Educating and developing prospects leading to sales meetings.
- Creating target prospects lists and penetrate key accounts.
- Outreach to prospects you have identified.
- Collaborating with marketing team members on a strategic sales approach.
- Ensuring successful follow through of the sales cycle by maintaining accurate activity and lead
qualification information in the HubSpot application.
- Degree level education preferred.
- 7-10 years of relevant sales experience, with a history of exceeding lead targets.
- Experience selling hardware IP cores, security software or embedded solutions to Semiconductor companies, OEMs, and/or security vendors .
- Experience managing and closing complex sales-cycles to large enterprises.
- Experience selling a deeply technical solution, and positing commercial value, to engineers as well as to VP and C level executives.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with a team.
- History of meeting and exceeding sales quotas.
- Strong communication & presentation skills.
- Proven creative problem-solving approach and understanding of hardware IP and security
solutions. Experience with cryptography is a plus.
- Strong desire and ability to move up within a sales organization.
- Proficiency with HubSpot or other CRM software.
What we can offer you
- A competitive compensation package.
- Share options.
- A remote first company. You will work from home most of the time, but will need to join us in
the office for planning sessions and key meetings as required.
- Travel for customer meetings and marketing events as needed.
- Health insurance.
- Generous PTO and holiday package.
- Company contributions towards 401K.
- 50% gym discount and other benefits.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit pqshield.com.