The overall objective of the Section Manager – Safety & Emergency Response is to manage emergency response and preparedness for the Fab 8 campus and oversee the Emergency Response Team (ERT). This Section Manager – Safety & Emergency Response role will ensure that that the ERT is fully prepared to respond to potential emergencies on the site. This position will also ensure compliance to all OSHA and other regulatory agencies. In addition to regulatory compliance, processes and programs must meet internal, external, customer and other standards. All members of EHS&S are required to promote a strong safety culture by providing safety and health expertise and ensuring that management systems are established and effectively used to maintain compliance. The ideal candidate will have the ability to adapt in a fast paced, changing environment, possess strong organizational skills with the ability to build professional relationships with numerous inter-dependent teams of different disciplines.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Be a fully functional ERT member, support the site Emergency Response Team (ERT) and provide rotating site emergency coverage
- Manage the ERT full-time staff and volunteer members and assist with integration of safety practices, industrial hygiene techniques and best known methods into department procedures
- Lead & Coordinate emergency response trainings, evacuation and other department drills and training exercises.
- Manage direct full time Emergency Response Team, recruit and manage volunteer call staff
- Ensure training compliance in all aspects of ERT Certifications
- Take a lead role in owning other safety related programs including but not limited to Confined Space, Fall Protection, Powered Industrial Trucks.
- Assist with the preparation for, completion and coordination of site audits (Management Systems, RBA, etc.)
- Work with site groups and management to help ensure timely and complete root cause investigations of all safety incidents, as well as timely and sustainable closure of all assigned corrective actions
- Build relationships and coordinate with outside response agencies including police, fire, and EMS agencies.
- Participate on local emergency planning committees.
- Participate with the site Safety Representative Committee
- Work with teams on hazard identification, evaluation, control and provide appropriate risk mitigation strategies
- Educate site personnel on EHS&S requirements and standards including conducting new hire and other ongoing EHS&S or ERT training classes
- Work with the site to drive and facilitate a strong safety culture
- Provides coaching and professional development to all employees to maintain safety excellence at the facility
- Review Emergency Response / Safety data and analyze for trends. Work with site personnel to develop actions plans based on the data
- Participate and lead portions of EHS self-assessment and/or audits
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to site population
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- Support regional Northeast Manufacturing sites with travel required
- Associates Degree in Engineering, Occupational Safety or Health or closely related degree or equivalent military experience required
- 2 years’ of relevant experience within a Manufacturing, Safety environment
- Expertise in Emergency Response regulations and best practices
- Safety Certification (ASP, CSP, CIH)
- Fire Fighter 1 or equivalent
- Emergency Medical Technician licensed through State of New York
- HAZWOPER Certified
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Occupational Safety or Health or closely related degree or equivalent military experience required
- CSP, CIH
- Thorough understanding of Fire and Building Code Requirements
- Thorough working understanding of OSHA 1910 standards and regulations
- Working knowledge of Industrial Hygiene preferred
- Prior Semiconductor experience preferred but not essential
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit globalfoundries.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.