Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world’s most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
Summary / Role Purpose
The Sales Representative will increase new and existing business by adapting ANSYS engineering simulation products and solutions into customers’ engineering environments and product development processes, ultimately helping customers develop new products and improve existing products and processes. The Sales Representative will be responsible for driving sales from initial contact to close within the new market/whitespace, an assigned geographical territory, and specified named accounts. Work will be done primarily via phone and digital tools.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Accountable to deliver quarterly and annual sales targets as well as intermediate sales forecasts.
- Conduct company/market/industry research to identify key target segments, and understand the market needs/agenda, and prospect.
- Perform outbound and digital sales to new customers as well as existing customers for finding new business opportunities and expanding our market.
- Develop and manage pipeline and advance sales opportunities through the sales process to close.
- Share relevant case studies and solution ROI metrics and use Ansys Sales Fundamentals to persuade key stakeholders to change/transform engineering design processes by implementing a recommended solution.
- Regular and disciplined CRM usage regarding the pipeline, sales forecast, and opportunity/account/contact management.
- Through continual contact with various levels and departments within customer organizations, extend and elevate relationships by working to further understand needs, barriers to simulation adoption, improvement opportunities, and circumstances regarding the process of engineering product development.
- Serve as a resource to ANSYS channel partners within a designated territory by assisting with the sales process related to new and existing accounts, up to and including opportunity close.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- Education & Years of Experience: Bachelor’s degree in technical, engineering, business, or related field with 0+ years of experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in English and in the local language of the territory
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- 1+ year of sales or simulation work experience
- Ability to gain and utilize the understanding of both engineering and physics applications.
- Aptitude to stay up to date on emerging technologies, engineering techniques, and product development trends.
- Internal drive and motivation to meet established goals related to activity levels.
- Strong work ethic, and motivation to work in a high performing, results oriented environment.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.